INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Happy Colors (part 1)

Some people collect dishes. I'm not one of them. My sister Becky has multiple sets of really great dishes. I always admire dishes, but they're just not something I spend money on. But for years I've been dreaming of getting rid of the old Martha Stewart K-Mart dishes we've had for the last 11 years. They weren't microwave save, they're chipped, we're missing a few of them. And the dishes I've coveted for the last 3-4 years are Fiesta Ware. And when I saw them on sale on Black Friday and remembered the fun money some sweet friends sent me, I knew that was how I was going to spend the money.

So I came home with 8 place settings in really, really happy colors: Peacock, Scarlet, Marigold, Shamrock. I love them. They brighten up the kitchen, and they're just plain fun to use.

I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to take the right photographs of these over the last few days and finally decided I was just going to have to be happy with what I had.

120811_5

120811_6

And this picture is for my mom who didn't think we could fit them in our cabinets. :)

120811_7 

Next up on the wishlist is serving dishes!

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Woo-hoo!!!

thewonderfulhappens said...

Fiesta Ware is SOOO cheerful! Great purchase!

Deb(digideb) said...

FUN! My sister-in-law has the same colors!! We got her the pitcher & salt & pepper shakers for Christmas & her birthday! Love them! & I know you will too!
Hope you're feeling well. Praying for you! :)

Joy said...

Beautiful!! I'm also dreaming of updating "kitchenware" when we finally have a house again. The 15 year old chipped dishes have got to go! ; ). Have fun eating on your beautiful new dishes!! Don't you love a happy, cheerful kitchen??

Vicky said...

I've been feeling so loved and its such a treat to see you are receiving that same kind of love :) Isn't it crazy good how a new set of dishes can just bring a smile to your face every time you go to open your cupboard doors? Love the fun factor in those colors!

MyEbella aka Kim said...

love the bright colors... I really want to get rid of the green ones we've had for YEARS.... I really want to incorporate the bright colors in too... I thought about painting the walls turquoise (I think... LOL the color doesn't sound right now) but I love the hot pink and oranges too! Pretty out there I know!

Rebecca H. said...

we have the same set of dishes we got for a wedding gift... old, not-so-cute, chipped, non-microwavable. all not good. would love to get some new ones, but i guess until i fall in love with some like you did, i'll just wait.

enjoy the new cheerfulness!! i love the colors!!

Krista said...

Oh my - love your new fiesta ware! such a fun splurge that you get to enjoy every day!

Christine said...

I. LOVE. THEM. LOVE!!!