Happy Memorial Day (a little early)

We're going out of town for Memorial Day to meet family. This will be our first road trip since Rory's been home. She is still not too fond of the car seat, so I'm hoping it won't be too traumatic (a.k.a. LOUD) for all of us. She usually takes a 2.5-3 hour nap in the afternoon, and the plan is that she'll sleep during the trip, but we'll see. I'm curious as to how she reacts to being out of her own environment and with lots of unknown people. She's such a social butterfly, she'll probably have a blast. I know that Camden will have a great time. My dad is bringing a couple of his horses along, and there are lots of aunts and uncles and cousins to give him plenty of attention.

Brian is now home for the summer, which is already helpful. He's been so relaxed the last two days now that his big responsibilities at school are finished. His interview went well on Friday, and they offered him the job right then so he will be at a new school in the fall. It's about a 15-minute commute, which is a little further than where he was, but that's not bad. We're hopeful that he can stay at this school for a long time. He's still teaching 4th grade, and his classroom is next to his mentor (she is also moving to this school).

I was able to have some kid-free time today. I went to Nashville and ran some errands alone, and it was so nice! Brian took the kiddos and ran a few errands himself, fed them lunch, and got them down for naps. I watched the movie August Rush tonight, and it was really good. It starts slow and gives alot of background and details that I thought were unnecessary, but in the end, it was really good. I cried the last 15 minutes of the movie. I'm so emotional these days. Mayme says having a girl is turning me soft. It might be true. :)

I'll be back Wednesday with lots of pictures.

Comments

Mayme said…
Hope you guys have a great time (Softy)! Looking forward to hearing about the trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)