Thursday

Things are slow around here today. It's another rainy day outside, and I have no errands planned. I need to start working on deep-cleaning the house since we have our 3 month post-placement visit with a new caseworker on Tuesday.

I'm trying to decide how to organize this house. Everything is so spread out - the kid's bedrooms are at the back of the house. They want to play in the computer room because it has more room to run and play. The TV is in the Living Room. So toys and everything else you can imagine gets spread out over the entire house, and it's driving me crazy! I feel like I spend all day every day just trying to stay afloat in the sea of toys and blocks and books and shoes (I picked up two pairs of Rory's shoes this morning, FOUR pairs of Brian's shoes, and two pairs of Camden's). I was reading a book yesterday and it talked about how it all comes down to self-discipline. It takes self-discipline to develop a meaningful devotion time and relationship with Christ. It takes self-discipline to develop good routines around the home, etc. I'm not so good at this, but I'm trying to work on it.

Camden prayed last night at supper "that I'll have a good birthday." I'm wondering if we're going to hear that every day for the next 2 months! I don't think he realizes how far away it is. He even asked us last night for drums for his birthday. I don't think my ears (or nerves) can handle drums in this house!

Here's a picture of Rory and Aunt Becky right after she came home. This is one of those rare occasions that she left my arms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel