Help!

Heaven help me - it's not even 8:00 on the first morning of having both kids home, and Camden is already complaining that there's no one to play with. I'm not sure I'll survive this. I'm such a slow mover in the morning that I can barely get them breakfast and be civil, much less PLAY! Not sleeping well at night does not help. For some reason, Rory was up several times last night, and this was after it took me over 2 hours to get to sleep.My plan before today was to not let him just randomly watch TV, but to use it as a reward and not a babysitter. Wonder how long I'll hold out.

Our new caseworker is coming today for our 3 month post-placement visit. The house is pretty much ready. Now all I have to do is come up with a way to keep the kiddos from trashing it before noon.

I spent yesterday morning running errands - six stops in all! Rory was VERY good and put up with all the trips in and out of her carseat. After Brian took Camden to school this morning, he realized that Camden actually was supposed to be there all day and not a half day, and it definitely was easier to take care of those errands with just one child instead of two! I picked up our pictures from Angie, and then went to Michaels to look for frames. I've been trying to decide the best way to display our pictures of Camden as a baby, plus Rory's pictures and then various family pictures. I think I'm going to plan to put alot of the pictures (especially the non-current ones) in our hallway, and I bought white frames plus mats for them in different sizes. I'm hoping this will allow me to display quite a few photographs in a decorative way. If I were really creative and brave, I'd try to buy coordinating frames, but I'm not so I bought everything in white wood, which will match our white trim and white doors.

Brian had the awards program for his school last night so he was gone all day. I think any exhaustion he might be feeling is outweighed by the excitement of having his first year almost over. Today is field day (whatever that means, but it's out of the classroom) and tomorrow is the 4th grade picnic, so he is basically finished with the year. I think he has to go in on Thursday for some paperwork and then a couple hours on Friday to hand out report cards.

Here's a picture of Camden yesterday morning as he headed off to school. I took a picture of him on his first day as well. If I were on top of things, I'd post the picture from his first day as well, but I'm not so you'll have to settle for this one. I also included some pictures of him from our picnic and feeding the ducks on Saturday.







Comments

Wendy said…
Melissa,
I enjoy the pictures of your beautiful children so very much! I absolutely LOVE summer break when all the kids are home. It takes me a good couple of weeks to get acclimated to it again though....it can be extremely tiring. Have FUN! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel