A New Week



I had a great Mother's Day weekend. Brian was so sweet and wanted to give me the weekend off, so for the most part I didn't have to do housework, laundry, etc. He even took the kids "away" for a couple of hours Saturday morning so I took a nap and then took a long shower by myself (those of you with toddlers know how rare this is). We went out to eat Saturday night, which also doesn't happen too often these days. I got to "sleep in" Saturday and Sunday. It's in quotes because I don't know if staying in bed until 6:45 really counts as sleeping in. Rory was not a happy camper that her daddy was the one getting her out of bed and cried both mornings until I got up. While, obviously, this makes my life a little more difficult since I'm the parent she wants, it also makes me feel good. Camden has always been a daddy's boy from the moment I went back to work 8 weeks after he arrived home, so it's nice to have a mommy's girl.

Sunday Brian, Rory, and I actually got to be in church together. It's rare that happens because of Brian's responsibilities at the church, and this was the first Sunday morning service I have attended since Rory arrived home since I've been sitting in the nursery with her. She did so well and was not disruptive at all. After church, we came home and all got into our p.j.'s and just had a nice quiet afternoon (no church last night). It was a very chilly, windy day so it was nice just to stay in.

Oh, and my Mother's Day present is a new 50mm lens. I can't wait for it to arrive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel