Back to the grind

We put both kids in bed at 7:00 last night, and they slept in this morning. It was great! I've decided we have a new rule in the house. No kiddos allowed up until 6:00. I mean, seriously, it's ridiculous to have them up so early. It's too early for me to function, and it makes them cranky and ready for their naps much too early in the day.

Today we're just getting back into the grind of every day life. Rory is Miss Cranky Pants as she adjusts back to home life. Hopefully, she'll settle down a bit. Brian left for a "meeting" this morning (he calls it a meeting; I call it leaving your wife behind to unpack, do laundry, and entertain over-stimulated kids while it's cold and rainy outside!).
I got up at 6:00 and by 8:00 had already showered, did a quick pick-up of the house, washed a load of laundry, vacuumed the house, checked email, emptied the dishwasher, fed the kids breakfast (does dry cereal count?) and started to unpack.

I just took both kids outside to put something in the mailbox (how sad it was probably the highlight of their day), and Camden told me that he "planted God's creation and then covered it up with dirt." I think he meant the tree branches he "planted" because he thinks he can grow trees from them.

The best quote from the weekend was when he told my Grandma, "I just love this house. It's so full of love and joy. I love it; I love it; I love it." Where does he come up with this stuff?

Comments

Chris said…
oh how funny- Nathan did the same thing, stuck a little tree branch in the ground so it would "grow"!
Love the "skivvies" LO too :D

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel