Finally Friday

God must have known I’d rant and rave for days after experiencing life in the Lewis household yesterday if I hadn’t already said in the blog I wouldn’t, so in keeping with my new no complaining rule, I won’t. But, let me just scream say OH. MY. STARS.

As I think about what my next paragraph should be, everything I can think of is complaining about yesterday. Oh, boy.

Okay, here’s this. Last night at bedtime, we’re all (well, minus Brian) on Camden’s bed doing our regular routine, and I prayed that I would be more patient, not lose my temper so easily, that Camden would speak kind words, etc. When Camden prayed, this is what he said: “Lord, please help mommy to lose her yelling temperatures.”

I think the consensus is that the picture of Rory is from her 100 day celebration in Korea, so she is approximately 3.5 months old. This picture is significant for several reasons. I’m happy that Rory will have something from her infant stage. I’ve thought many times how difficult it might be for her to basically have lost the first year of her life. It also shows me that even though she wasn’t with the foster family yet and was still in the orphanage, they cared enough about her to have this celebration and take this picture. And, selfishly, it means so much to me to have a picture of her as a baby. I’ve tried to picture it in my head, but she was even more beautiful than I imagined. I found some information on the 100 day celebration. Here’s what it said.

“In Korea, on the 100th day after a child's birth, a small feast is prepared to celebrate the child's having survived this difficult period. If the child is sick at this time, the family passes the day with neither announcement nor party, for to do otherwise is considered bad luck for the infant.

At this time the samshin halmoni is honored with offerings of rice and soup in gratitude for having cared for the infant and the mother, and for having helped them live through a difficult period. The family, relatives and friends then celebrate with rice cakes, wine, and other delicacies such as red and black bean cakes sweetened with sugar or honey.”

In other news – we have a new red leather sofa! I’ve always wanted not only a leather sofa, but a red leather sofa, and I am so excited that we were able to find one used on Craig’s List that was in excellent condition for a really good price (I won't tell you how much because then you'll feel bad about how much you paid for your new sofas LOL). Now I’ve got to start thinking how I want to decorate this new family room we’re putting together. On a seriously impossible small budget, of course.

Because Brian's schedule got rearranged a bit yesterday, I didn't make it to the warehouse sale, but I'm headed there this morning. Brian says to stay gone as long as I want, and I just might take him up on it.

Our 11th wedding anniversary is tomorrow so Brian's parents are going to keep Camden and Rory for a couple of hours while we go out to eat and see a movie. I cannot wait!




Comments

M :-) said…
Congrats on the couch - it looks brand new - wow! I really wanted a red couch, but Greg didn't go for the idea. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel