Busy Day

I've been watching the news this morning and seeing coverage of the earthquake in China and the cyclone in Myanmar, and I've been thinking how lucky we are. While Hurricane Katrina and the terrorist bombing on September 11 were tragedies, they are so minor in comparison to things happening in other countries. The tens of thousands who have died in the last week just in China and Myanmar is staggering. I think it's way too easy to forget about the rest of the world and just how lucky we really are.

Camden was up at 5:20 this morning and Rory had that beat because she was up and playing at 4:15! I've got a cold or sinus infection and have not been feeling well or sleeping well. Waking up at 4:15 didn't help!

Today is a busy day. I'm taking Rory for another haircut, shopping for a shower gift, and then going to the shower. Hopefully Rory will endure the long car rides, shopping, invasion of her personal space via a haircut, and visiting with friends at the shower pretty well. Oh, and the haircut thing is so funny. She needs a little trim along the bottom because it's growing out, but she still has short pieces on top because she sleeps on her back about 99% of the time and I don't want her to have a mullet! Well, I could probably just snip the ends off, but Mr. Frugal/Cheap Skate Brian actually wants me to pay someone to cut it because he says he's seen way too many "crazy mom jobs" on baby girl hair. It cracks me up.

I booked a plane ticket home yesterday. Brian and Camden will be at church camp so Rory and I are flying home for the week. I can't wait!

I spent quite a bit of time last night working on Rory's adoption announcements (only 3 months late). I'm useless when trying to make a decision on something like this so I might just have to close my eyes and randomly point and then order.

Here's a page using pictures from one of the first time Rory colored a picture. Coloring, by the way, is her new favorite activity. We spend ALOT of time either coloring pages or scribbling on the magna doodle. Seriously, alot of time! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel