Whew!

Whew! Do you know how much energy it takes a non-morning person (that would be me) to get two children up, fed, bathed, dressed and out the door all the while trying everything in your power to keep them from having major meltdowns? And just think, next year, we get to do it every single day! I think I'm not ready for school days to start! And I don't know how your toddler is, but my Rory is not really a fan of all the ins and outs of errands and it's a job to keep her in a semi-good mood while we're in route! Before 8:15, we had dropped Camden off at school in POURING rain and got completely soaked (because I'm an idiot and didn't have an umbrella), went to the bank, get gas, and pick up coffee at Dunkin' Donuts (can I just say the Hazelnut coffee with coffee and cream already added is REALLY good!).

Rory picked up a fun habit over night. Although she is always happy to give hugs and kisses to random strangers and other friends/family (attachment issue #62), she is very stingy with her kisses and hugs to us. I am usually stealing them from her. This morning, when I kissed her, she stuck her tongue out at the last minute, and continued to do so every time I tried. Nice!

Say prayers for my friend Mayme if you get a chance. They're still waiting to hear if they get to leave Thursday for China. If some paperwork isn't processed, they may be waiting another couple of weeks. I clearly remember how difficult it is to wait for your baby, but I have the benefit of being on this side of things and knowing that it's all worth while and that the pain really does just melt away once you are holding your child.

Julie Billingsley: Apple of My Eye

Comments

Amanda said…
I was soaked this morning also and I had an umbrella LOL! I understand about the morning thing. I am not a morning person either and Emma just starts to scream now everytime I go to put her in the car. Obviously she doesn't enjoy school days either! Have a great day!
Anonymous said…
Another non-morning person saying hi! :)
I know I am a lurker so I hope this doesn't sound insane. I wanted to email you but didn't see a link.
We get the One Magazine from the FWB Association and I noticed that your sister (?I think?) is in there! I really enjoyed listening to her message and just thought I would offer to mail you my copy of the magazine if you'd like it! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel