23 Months

Six months ago today, we met Rory! I cannot believe that she is already 23 months old, and that it has been 6 months. The time has gone by so quickly. Just in case you're feeling nostalgic like me, here's the video of us meeting her. She has grown so much! I can't believe that she will be 2 in just one month.



Yesterday's hearing test was different than I expected, much more comprehensive than I thought it would be. Rory tested below normal on one test, but the rest of the tests were fine. They want her to come back in 6 months to test again. They also did a preliminary language and speech evaluation, and she tested at 18/19 months for expressive language (she's 23 months old), and tested normal for receptive language. I think we're going to talk to our pediatrician when we go for her 2 year appointment and get his opinion on speech therapy. It's hard to know if her delay is caused by learning a different language for the first 17 months of her life or if there are additional issues that would contribute to the delay.

Camden went with us to the doctor's appointment (it was a 3 hour ordeal by the time we drove there, spent an hour there, and drove home) and his behavior was excellent until the last 10 minutes of the appointment, and then it was probably the worst he's ever behaved in public. I was embarrassed and really irritated with him. I tried to remember how good he had been earlier to keep it in perspective.

We also had soccer practice last night, and I continue to be very proud of Camden. He really does listen well to his coach - MUCH better than the other kids on the team who act as if no one is speaking to them!

We do not have many plans for today other than a quick trip to the post office and then church tonight. Rory seems to be coming down with a cold, but I'm hoping that it doesn't keep her down for long.



Comments

Oh, I *loved* that video!! Is that a plastic photo album you gave her in the video!? I've been looking for one of those... do you remember where you found it?

(PS - saw your "No More" layout featured on one of the scrappin' blogs I'm now addicted to...Congrats!)
MEI said…
Melissa,

Does your city or county have an early intervention program? My son who is 25 months has been diagnosed with a slight speech delay, and our county school system offers a program for infants and toddlers that provides free speech therapy. It's been a great program, and he has enjoyed the "playtime" with his therapist.

BTW, she is adorable!
KrisJ said…
I love that video! I found it for the first time on youtube and then was so happy when I found your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel