The Weekend is Over

Well, the weekend is almost officially over, but poor Brian is still in the living room working. A teacher's job really never ends. I cannot tell you the countless hours he spends every day and weekend just trying to keep afloat in the sea of papers, lesson plans, and bulletin boards! I just hate that he never really gets to enjoy a weekend.

Our weekend was quiet. Brian wasn't feeling well Friday night so we skipped the football game and stayed home instead. We went to my former boss's house Saturday evening for dinner and had a wonderful time! The food was delicious, the kids played well together, and we enjoyed catching up. While I am very thankful to be a stay-at-home-mom now, I do miss working and miss my friends most of all.

Camden has school tomorrow so Rory and I will have a quiet day at home. I'm hoping to put the house back together again (why does it always look like a tornado hit it after the weekend?), as well as work on going through Rory's clothing that no longer fits.

We have a little tradition at our house that started quite a while ago. Every night at supper, we go around the table and tell what was the best thing that happened to us today and what was the worst thing that happened. Well, tonight, Camden told Brian that the best thing that happens to him are the days that he gets to stay home all day with me and Rory. Isn't that sweet? Believe me - I don't hear things like this too often from him. He is a daddy's boy all the way!

Dani Mogstad/ScrapKitchen Designs 2 Cool 4 School
Dani Mogstad/ScrapKitchen Designs 2 Cool 4 School
Lauren Grier: All the Sweet Flavors

Comments

Unknown said…
You need to stop by some day while you are out and I can give you a little breather, cup of coffee, and adult time.
:)
You are such a great mom and your kids are precious, whether you are a morning girl or not. You are doing things all right, sister!
:)
Since I stopped home schooling and now have 5 in school I realize how very underpaid and underappreciated teachers are. It sure is sad some value them so little!
Lisa Z.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel