Sunday

Our weekend ended on a not-so-great note. I woke up this morning with a stomach bug, which is always fun. Thankfully, it seems to be about over. Brian took Camden and Rory to his parents house for lunch after church, and stayed too late for them to get a nap. He's not quite as conscientious about nap time as I am, and we paid for it! Camden was impossible. Rory was inconsolable and cried for over an hour as I walked her around the house. Then she cried for another hour as I tried to get her to bed and asleep. Not fun!

Brian and Camden thoroughly enjoyed the football game Saturday night. Pictures to come later!

I'm blogging tonight because I'm pretty sure there will be no time tomorrow. Camden starts Mother's Day Out in the morning (thank heavens he's headed back to school!!), and we've got to leave by 7:40. After dropping him off, I'm headed to Murfreesboro for our third and final post placement visit for Rory. I'm trying to decided if I'm brave enough to face Target and the library while we're out. It's probably going to run into lunch time and nap time (didn't I learn my lesson from today?) so I haven't decided yet. Then I pick Camden up at 2:30.

I have watched two straight days of Olympic coverage and am loving it (although I've watched so many clips of him winning Saturday and Sunday night,
I might be seeing Michael Phelps in my dreams). I can't wait to see more gymnastics and swimming tomorrow night. I'm hoping they show some of the Korean gymnasts. Camden and Rory have watched some with me. Rory is so funny imitating the athletes. She's not even two, but picks up on the slightest details. After watching the diving competition this afternoon, Camden asked if we would build him a diving board. Maybe when he learns to not cry when water drops touch his face in the bathtub, we'll think about that.

I scrapped on Saturday. Wish I could have done more!

Rainy Day by Jenna Desai
Ocean Picnic collab (only available in July)

Comments

Amanda said…
Hope you have a great day Melissa! Glad I got to see you this morning. They put Tre' on a waiting list so just pray they can get him in soon!
Hope you are feeling back to normal! You've got to keep your strength up for all this Olympic-watching we have to do! :-)
PS - Love the comment about the water drops and Camden's face... I'm right there with you Camden!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)