Back in the Game

Our playdate yesterday with Joy, Ellis, and Sumner was fun. Camden and Ellis ran and chased each other! I took my camera, but had put my lens on incorrectly and none of my pictures turned out (sorry, Joy!). We ran several more errands while we were out, and came home tired!

Camden's soccer practice last night was an experience! I think we have the most laid-back coach you can imagine (winning doesn't matter, we're only having fun, who cares if they understand the rules, etc.). I was so proud of Camden. The other boys on the team were very unruly and could not keep their hands to themselves (kicking each other, tackling each other, honking noses, etc. all while the coach is trying to talk), and he did not get involved. I'm not sure he'll be able to resist temptation every time, though! I was shocked to see that he was a full head shorter than the other players. They must grow 'em big in Cheatham County because he is not small for his age. We'll have practice Tuesday/Thursday evenings and games every Saturday beginning September 6 - October 26, so our schedule has suddenly become alot fuller. I'm determined to be a good supportive mom this time around and remember that he's only 5 (despite my ridiculous competitive nature).

We're all moving slow this morning, and Camden had school today instead of Friday because of class pictures so it was an early morning. I can remember that it used to drive me crazy when stay at home mom's would complain about having to get out and about. I would think, "do you know what time I leave EVERY morning?" But I'm realizing that you just have a different schedule as a stay at home mom, and any interruption or change can be an ordeal. I stopped for coffee on the way to school so helpfully that will wake me up.

I'm discovering that keeping Rory in the baby carrier means it's much harder to get anything done around the house! I do think that it's beneficial, though. I am already seeing slight changes in her.

No scrapbook pages to share. I've had no inspiration or scrapping time, but here are a few pictures from last week.





Comments

Anonymous said…
So cute, as always!!! You should totally submit that last picture for a Sonic ad!!!
the kids are adorable.... and I agree that is a GREAT picture of Rory (are you loving your new lens?)....

We had the same type of t-ball coach and you could tell the difference in the kids from some of the other teams!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Joy said…
We had fun too!! :) Hope we can get together again soon.

Love the Sonic pics!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel