Ahhhhhhhh

That's the sound of relief I'm making that it's Saturday and I've had a bit of a break from the kids, housework, etc. Brian let me sleep in this morning (does 7:30 count as sleeping in?). I think it's maybe only the second time since Rory's been home that I haven't been up with her, and it was wonderful to wake up on my own. And not only did I get to sleep in, but Brian had breakfast ready when I got home, he cut Camden's hair, and even cleaned the bathroom this morning!! It definitely felt like a bit of a break to sit in my p.j.'s on the couch, kid-free (well, Rory was still around) and watch a US vs. Japan volleyball game this morning.

Last night we went out to eat and Brian dropped me off at the consignment sale. For those of you who don' t know how it works, you sell your items at the sale, and a perk of being a seller is that you get to go to the pre-sale and get first dibs before the sale is open to the public. Well, you get first dibs along with the hundreds of other people who also are there. Seriously, we pulled up and there was a line of women carrying laundry baskets wrapped around the strip mall. It was insane. I've never attended a pre-sale before, and I'm not sure I ever will again. Those women were serious about shopping! There was pushing and shoving and people sitting on the floor going through their items, crawling under the tables to get at more shoes, etc. I.N.S.A.N.E. I bought a couple of things, but it was so not worth the effort of fighting the crowd and then standing in line for 40 minutes. I was pretty shocked at the prices - they were ridiculously high for VERY used clothing. I think I'm getting a good idea of why my stuff always sells so well. My stuff was in much better shape and priced about 75% lower than most things there.

Brian is going to a Tennessee Titans pre-season game tonight with a couple of friends. I'm glad he's getting the chance to have some fun and unwind a bit. On our agenda at home is convincing the kiddos to watch the Olympics with me (or at least be quiet enough that I can hear what's going on!).

And speaking of the Olympics, the opening ceremony last night was amazing! My favorite part was the lighting of the torch and Yao Ming and the little boy walking into the stadium. It's always so eye opening to see the parade of nations and to realize just how large our world really is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel