Sick Baby

Not much to share today. Yesterday was a pretty long day. Rory's nose is running like a faucet, and she spent lots of time crying as I carried her in the carrier and being miserable. I'm hopeful today will be better, but she still looks pretty miserable.

Both kids were in bed late last night, but were up at 6:00 this morning, and with the day stretching out in front of me, I decided they needed a Dunkin' Donuts run (and I needed coffee). They're happily munching away while I take a few minutes of computer time.

We had a fun experience at the grocery store yesterday. At the checkout, I saw out of the corner of my eye a woman come in the door and really smile at Camden and Rory, and I didn't think too much about it. We generally get quite a few looks and smiles when we're out. But when I turned around, she said, "hi, I'm Lindsay." I had to think for just a minute, but it was Lindsay from this blog. Now, we've never met before in person, but we have mutual friends, and she recognized Rory and Camden from the blog! It was nice to talk to her for a minute. They're waiting to travel to Russia to meet their son. This is their first child, and they've been in this process for two years now so the wait is really feeling long at this point! Hopefully, we can get together after their son is home.

Mayme and her family left this morning for China. Camden and I have already prayed several times this morning that they have a safe trip. Obviously, I'm excited for them, but I'm excited for another reason. I'm thrilled to have another adoptive family in our church and as close friends. I think it's so important (especially in the seriously white community we live in) for Rory and Camden to see that there are other families that look like ours. I'm also happy that Camden is experiencing the process. He just experienced it with Rory, and I do that helped him understand his own adoption, but I'm thrilled for him to see it again.

Rory has started to put two words together. Last week she said, "thank you, Mama" and "mama's baby". Yesterday she said, "daddy's shoes" and "down please." She has also finally started answering the question, "Who is this?" and "What is this?" Oh, and she says, "bless you" after sneezing, and there's lots of sneezing going on in this house between Camden's allergies, Brian's cold last week, and now Rory's cold.

There was no time for scrapping yesterday, but I'm hoping to maybe scrap during naptime today. And for someone who had nothing to say, this turned out quite long!

Comments

Oh, I think I need Dunkin' too this morning! I'm so in agreement about finding families "like ours" ... so much so, I'm already searching them out!

Hope Rory feels better soon...
Anonymous said…
How bad, i hope the rest of your trip is not ruined.
Lindsey Carney said…
I was telling Carrie last night about running into you at the store, I told her we would have to get together when Hudson gets home. Maybe we can have an adoption get together with other families!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel