8-8-08

Anyone else excited that the Olympics are finally here? I absolutely love watching the Olympics, love the competition, and all the stories behind the athletes. It seems that the hype for these Olympics is even bigger than normal, and I am very interested to see more of China. We planned for years to adopt from China, although Korea has stolen our hearts now. We have friends leaving the end of this month to pick up their child from China, so my interest level in the country is pretty high. I will say that when I think of all of the world problems and poverty, it seems obscene that 42 billion dollars was spent on a sporting event. Even so, I'll enjoy every minute.

Brian had a very long day yesterday! He worked for almost 12 hours (which means I was home alone with the kids that long!), and then came home and worked until midnight and was up at 4:30 this morning. His group of 4th graders arrive today. This is his first official school year. Last year he was student teaching until November and then took over another class already in progress.

I'm participating in a consignment sale that begins tomorrow, but because I'm a consignor, I get to go tonight and shop, and I'm pretty excited about it. It looked like a really good sale with lots of good things. I'd love to find a play kitchen for Rory and Camden. And it goes without saying that I'll be on the lookout for cute clothes!

I forgot to mention in my scrapping post that I had also won this kit by Sabrina Dupre last week. You can find it here. Isn't that purple owl cute?


I managed to finish this scrap page I've been working on all week long. It is a picture of Camden on his first day of K-4 last August and then a picture on his last day of K-4 in May.

Comments

M :-) said…
I am super excited about the Olympics. I feel the same way as you -- I find it very sad how much money was spent on the buildings etc... when there is so much poverty in the area.
I am so excited about the Olympics as well... I think my Tivo could very possibly burn out over it. I try very hard *not* to think about the money spent on the Olympics. It try to focus on the sport and spirit alone. That said, I wish that every company that sponsored or advertised during the event would donate an equal amount to a charity in the country that could really use it.
In the meantime, I'll just keep chanting GO TEAM USA!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)