December 2019

I feel certain this is true for everyone, but December is a marathon. However, if you can make it through all the sporting events and holiday parties and recitals and programs, not to mention a regular work schedule, then time off during the week of Christmas is your reward. Everything comes to a screeching halt for our family the week of Christmas, and I anticipate this week all year long.

Brian's parents came for a quick visit this past weekend; kids had exams, and I attended 2 work parts. We also hosted a small party at our house Saturday afternoon. It was a lovely way to close out the busyness of December. Brian and I deliberately planned for down time beginning Sunday afternoon and it has been wonderful. The kids are sleeping until noon; we're watching movies and playing games. I'm reading book #68 of the year, and I have cooked zero meals. We will open presents with the kids Christmas morning and then join my parents, grandparents, and Liz for lasagna; Becky and the boys arrive the day after Christmas.

We have both good news and bad news leading into our Christmas break. The bad news is that Camden broke his finger on the backboard during the basketball game Friday night (as in, he is tall enough to jump up and block a ball on the backboard - how is that possible?). The good news is that physically I have felt incredible for most of the month. My CA125 even dipped just a bit. 

I'm sharing our December in pictures then signing off to watch another movie with the family.

He's 16 and we still put time limits on his gaming because, let's be honest, he would never stop.
Untitled

Homecoming week 2019 - Camden rarely dresses up but since he wants to be in drama next year, he decided he should get used to looking silly.
Untitled

Untitled

First photo with my new phone
Untitled

Gram and Gramps
Untitled

I'm pretty proud of my first charcuterie board creation. Thank goodness for Pinterest! My mom was a lifesaver with the baking for this year.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Camden's injury - makes my stomach turn. Brian was with him when they tried to set his finger and said he was super tough. Thankfully, no surgery. It has to be kept immobile for 6 weeks plus therapy after, which means he's out for the basketball season and out of his guitar competition this spring.
Untitled

Merry Christmas
Untitled



Comments

mcgowan moments said…
Merry Christmas! So sorry about Camden’s finger. But it was a great block!!
Merry Christmas. You look beautiful...hope your good feeling/feeling good continues.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel