Random Things You Need to Know

1. The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance did an interview with former Olympic gymnast, Shannon Miller, on her recent battle with ovarian cancer. They have asked me to share it with my readers, and I am happy to do so. Click here to read more.

2. I do not know Jen Burgess Thompson personally, but have been following her journey (via FB and blog) as she fights the same ovarian cancer battle that remains in my own life. She has had many set backs and serves as a constant reminder to me that not only should I be more positive in my attitude but also more grateful that my ovarian tumors are stable and not progressing. Please join me in praying for her. She is heavy on my heart nearly all the time these days.

3. September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Get ready to get your teal on

4. I am headed to Dr. W's office for more cancer-killing chemo this morning. I would be honored to pray for you today as I sit in the infusion room. Leave me a comment with any specific requests you have.

5. I cannot even tell you how much I love this bracelet from Uganda that arrived yesterday via my friend Laurie. It is beautiful, and I love the organization and idea behind it. Read more about it here.

DSC_3751

Comments

Vicky said…
Would absolutely love prayers for our visitation for Rick's mom today. Prayers for stamina for me, and comfort for Rick and his Dad Jim, sister Missy and brother Matt. Saying a prayer for you that chemo is working and side effects will be tolerable. Thinking of you... love and blessings... thanks for the prayers
Renee T. said…
that bracelet is awesome :)
Krista said…
My problems seem so minimal... Praying for you and all those who have been touched by cancer.

Going to get my Teal on this September in honour of you!
I've had teal toes off and on all year, and think of you every time I see them!
Like Elizabeth... I think of you when my toes don teal too! I'm ready!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel