Hello, Kindergarten

This girl has been waiting for kindergarten her whole life. She's spent the last 4 years watching Camden go to school and thinking that she's been missing out on the party. She was actually supposed to start Friday, but her teacher had a new grandbaby and the first day was postponed until today so that Mrs. L could be with her daughter. You do not even want to know how many tears Rory shed last week because she couldn't start Friday as planned.

The party is finally here, big girl.
DSC_3963

Have you ever seen so much pink in your life? She was very insistent on the backpack, matching lunchbox and water bottle, pencil box, shirt, etc.
DSC_3996

She is so excited to wear a uniform, although I felt a little girly part in me dying as I bought her khaki shorts/skirts and polos. Polos! She thinks she is big stuff because she can finally tuck in her shirt and that there's a collar. LOL
DSC_3997

DSC_4000

Surprisingly enough, she was a little bit nervous. I am sure that it lasted all of 10 minutes.
DSC_4004

So for the first time in my life, I have semi-free days. They're not quite as free as it seems because it is about a 1-hour round trip in the morning to take the kids to school; about a hour and 15 minutes round trip in the afternoon. I have chemo once a week in Nashville; bloodwork once a week. Between fighting cancer, taking kids to and from school, add in some church and soccer practice, and I think I'm going to be busy. I'm finding it fairly difficult to keep up with regular household activities when I don't feel well all. the. time. so having freer days is going to help me keep up with all the normal stuff. I'd like to think that I'm going to get caught up on my scrapbooking, but we'll see how that goes. 

Today, though, I'm taking a nap.


Comments

Joy said…
Ooooh, I am so excited for Rory!!! Sumner is all pinked out for preschool - guess you can never have enough pink!
Joan B said…
hope she loves it and that you get to REST during her K time!!
Vicky said…
Is she not the most adorable Kindergartener on the planet? So cute! She has me grinning from ear to ear. We have 3 more weeks till school starts... and we are so ready :) I hope you find a little down time to recharge and figure out how to handle all of this new again... praying for you...
Monica said…
Don't stress about her loving uniforms...that will get old before you want it to! Is Camden liking school any better than his first day?
Wow!!! I cannot believe its finally here! And she looks soooo proud in that first photo! I love the all pink ensemble.
Renee T. said…
Love, love, love that pic of you and Rory together :) I hope she enjoyed her first day!
Brenda Shearon said…
Hope Rory and Camden had a great first day at school! Enjoy your quite time.
Anonymous said…
Ela came home today talking about a new friend she met in her class, of course it was Rory. As a kindergarten teacher at Brian's school, we will miss your kids at our school but my husband and I completely agree on why our kids attend PVCS.
Cathy Stark said…
Hi Melissa! I started following your blog a month or so ago. Our church,Fellowship FWB in Bryan Texas has been praying for you and for your family. I was looking forward to y'all joining the Texas Free Will Baptists but know God has a perfect plan for you. I'm wondering what camera you are using to shoot your pics? Can an amateur do as good a job as you??? I'm planning to retire soon and will have lots of time to take photos - may have to invest in a new camera!
ahh love that you guys can wear any color polo (we are stuck w/ red, white, navy and light blue)

So super cute!
Amy said…
She looks so beautiful and SO excited! Hope you can enjoy your kid-free days and are able to rest and catch up on your to-do list! (Oh, and when I showed Mitchell that first picture he said, can't we arrange a marriage between her and Lukas?) :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel