I've Good News and Bad News

I have good news and bad news today, both fairly significant.

First, the good news. My doctor's appointment/chemo yesterday was fine. Dr. W was pleased as usual. The best news is that my CA125 is at 11.2, the lowest ever. My blood pressure was 102 over 74 so clearly I wasn't as nervous about getting the results as I thought.  ;) Now I don't have to worry about it for another month.

The bad news is that we got less than stellar insurance news yesterday. We've had so little to complain about with our insurance in the last 2 years. In fact, last week we received an EOB showing that my new chemo treatment is $19,000+ per treatment! My cost? $25. But yesterday we received statements saying that my recent hospital stay as well as a very extensive MRI were not covered. At all. In a double whammy, we also received a statement saying that all of Brian's chiro treatments this summer are not covered. Not sure exactly how we're going to deal with this. Praying very hard that it is merely a mistake that can be fixed easily because pretty sure that paying for all of this would completely finish us financially. I am not too worried about it yet because God has certainly taken care of us in the past.

I had the bright idea of letting the kids stay up until 11:00 p.m. to watch all of the Olympic coverage last night. I should have known that planning this after a steroid/chemo day wasn't my best idea. Rory is hyped on up steroids (came home with a nasty cold), and Camden was just plain hyped. I hope they'll remember the popcorn and staying up late instead of my crankiness and impatience. Rory said, "this is the best. night. ever." She actually ended up finishing the night playing in her room alone (her choice) after cheering for Tennessee (her version of USA I guess) most of the evening. Camden said, "I can't believe you're letting us watch 11 hours of this!" LOL

A couple of pictures from our last night in Illinois. Notice we waited until the last possible moment to try to get a picture with all the kids/grandparents at once.

DSC_3566

Uncle Matt
DSC_3592

I just happened to still have my camera going as we were trying to give them instructions about the rest of the night. You can tell they were *totally* paying attention. ;)
DSC_3607

Comments

Renee T. said…
Great pics! I love the one with their uncle. Sending good thoughts your way with the insurance stuff. I'm hoping it's a mistake :(
Vicky said…
First of all- yay on the good news- it matters the most in the grand scheme of things! I let my boys stay up last night to watch the Olympics too, but somehow we all 4 managed to sleep in a little extra today- that never happens.

Okay- I (unfortunately) have lots of ideas about the insurance/large medical bills road... but you are starting with the most important part... God shows up in the most merciful ways when we leave it with him. You should file an appeal with your insurance company first...

Praying the pieces continue to fall into place and that you feel how loved you are through it all!
Monica said…
Appeal to the insurance company; if that doesn't go anywhere, you might try talking to someone in billing at the hospital. Bobby's medical supplier sometimes has to bill the insurance company two or three times before they'll pay up. There's been a time or two it was simply a matter of something being coded or dictated incorrectly. Praying you'll get quick, positive answers and a very helpful & friendly rep!
Joanna B said…
Yay for the good news! So sorry about the bad news...the pictures are so good!
Karen said…
So not happy to hear the insurance news. Seems odd that all of a sudden things like that would not be covered. I reeeeealy hope that is a mistake. My kids are in bed early after too many hours up for the Olympics, too. I think I overdid it! Awesome news about the blood results!!
YIKES on the insurance stuff. I'm really hoping it's a mistake too. And YIPPEE on the blood work results!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel