Highlights

Just a few highlights from the last week in Illinois with my parents, Becky, William, and Xavier.

The fact that despite not seeing us for 5 days, Camden and Rory were too busy playing with William and Xavier to bother coming to say hi to us when we arrived at my parent's house.

Living Proof Live 

Sitting on the back deck late in the evening listening (and laughing) as the kids talked

Watching a whole lot of Olympics with my family. Okay, mostly Becky. :) Because she's the only one who shares my insane enthusiasm for the Olympics.

The kids riding horses with dad

Camden learning to ride all on his own

All 4 kids piling on Uncle Matt; they sure do love him

Soccer game with the Lewis kids vs. the Derby boys (Rory scored the winning goal, by the way)

Watching all four kiddos scream and cheer for the 400mm swimming relay

Whitey's Moose Tracks malt for lunch with Becky

Shopping for school supplies for the first time with Rory

Aunt Becky had a little beauty afternoon with Rory. She kept saying, "you are just gonna love my face, mama."

Spending time with William and Xavier; those two are the funniest kids ever.

The little "program" all 4 kids put on for the adults

Way, way too many laughs to count


This morning I am headed back to chemo. It feels as if I've lived a lifetime since 4 weeks ago when I started this new schedule. Some of that time was filled with the darkest moments of my life, but some of those moments have been filled making sweet memories with my family. We returned home last night, tired but with really full hearts (not to mention some really thoughtful packages from sweet friends). It's been a good summer, and I'm a little sorry to see it end. I have chemo today, Neulasta shot tomorrow, and Brian returns to school for in-service Tuesday; kids start school Friday. 

As usual, I have too many photos. Not sure when I'll get to all of them, but here is my favorite: William and Camden laying on the floor watching the Olympics. Can't you just feel your heart melting? I was lucky to have my camera on the floor next to me because none of these kids stay in one position long!
DSC_3175



Comments

Brenda Shearon said…
so glad you got to enjoy some family time. We continue to pray for you everyday.
Renee T. said…
Such a sweet picture :)
Vicky said…
Okay, I'm reading through tears and praying, praying. You speak the words of my own heart and mind so often... I so get living fast and furious- fully immersed so we don't miss out on anything- glorious the memories we make- and always hopeful for more...

Love and prayers and buckets of hope...
Cynthia said…
Glad to know Brian has a teaching job. I must have missed that news and I have thought about him many times in that regard. Great photo. You can make this journey. Like Churchill said, "Never give up!!!"
CMP
This sounds like an incredible time with family... that's as good as any medicine out there.
Amy said…
Sounds like a wonderful time! You wouldn't believe how many times I thought of y'all and hoped you were able to enjoy every second. I can't believe it's time for school to start for your crew. Praying this round of chemo goes as well as it can!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)