Tuesday's Tidbits

In my August Birchbox there were samples of shampoo and conditioner that cost $116. Yes, you read that right. And while I am most certainly never going to pay $115 in hair products, my hair absolutely felt completely different (in a good way).

Speaking of Birchbox, any of you participate? For $9.95 a month, you receive an adorable little box packed with fun high end beauty samples. If you'd like to try, use this link, and I'll get credit. ;)

And speaking of hair, mine seems to be growing and falling out all at the same time. How is that even possible? It's at possibly the most awkward stage since my 5th grade school photo. My family knows exactly what I mean by that, and, yes, it is that bad.

The Hogwarts mystery from Rory has been solved. There is a boy in her class named Griffin, which she associated with Gryffindor. Pretty good, huh? I've been reading the first Harry Potter book to Camden over the summer, and while she sometimes listens in, I did not think she was actually absorbing any of it.

Camden told me Sunday, "you know, I'm kind of at the point where I want to listen to grown up music now."

I promise that you want to read this post by Ann Voskamp. So beautiful and convicting.

Remember my hospital stay in July that insurance said they weren't going to cover? Taken care of. 

And part of my scrapping from Friday night. Actually, none of this is from Friday - those are all secret because they're using supplies not yet released.

Gina Miller/Karah Fredricks: Toasted Marshmallow
072812_smores1-web

Pointing out my favorite picture from the previous page.
DSC_3217-2

Jennifer Barrette/Micheline Martin: Apple of My Eye
072012_apple-of-my-eye-23b

Comments

Joy said…
How funny that the "Hogwarts" mystery is solved! So smart of Rory to remember his name that way!

Wow - now that I know how much the shampoo samples cost, I'm afraid to use them! LOL! Birchbox goodies are so much fun, but they can be full size pricey!
Anonymous said…
I loved reading about the "hogwarts" boy because he is the one that kissed my daughter during their reading on the carpet last year in k-4. We call him the "kisser" so he will have many alias to go by as he grows up. :-)

Terri L.
(mom of Ela & Eli; coworker of Brian's)
All sorts of goodness in this post! Especially the part about medical bills being taken care of. WOOT!!!

I'm so tempted by birch box, but I'm seriously worried that I would fall in love with a product I can't afford regularly. You pretty much convinced me that I shouldn't do it now!

(And as for the hair... BLEGH. Obviously not the same thing, but I had that experience last fall when they were adjuring my meds. It was weird and I totally feel for you.)
Becky said…
I totally have a mental picture of that photo you are referring to :)
and I also am going to need a copy of that 2 page spread for my scrapbook!
Lori! said…
Oh good! Now I can sleep soundly knowing that the poor boy's name ISN'T Hogwarts!!! What a smart little cookie you have on your hands!!! SUPER happy that the hospital bill is taken care of and you don't have to think about it.
And now I think I may need to check out this Birchbox thingy...great. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel