Reading Material

I don't know if anyone is in need of encouragement or maybe just a good recommendation for new devotional reading, but here are a few things I've been reading recently that have spoken to me.
The Wednesday night Bible Study I've been attending  (although not nearly as often as I'd like with out of town trips and being sick), we've been reading The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian. I've particularly liked chapter 12 titled Lord, Plant Me So I Will Bear the Fruit of Your Spirit. A few quotes:
  • "Joy has nothing to do with your circumstances. You can have joy in spite of difficult and painful problems, because joy comes through a close, intimate relationship with the Lord. You can't have joy if you feel separated from God or don't trust His promises to you. Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full" (I John 15:11). When you live in the joy of the Lord, you have expectations that God is going to do something great in your life. Pray for the joy of the Lord to be so planted in you and manifested through you that the crop you reap will spread like wildfire and overtake the fields around you."
  • "We can only have true peace if we live in right relationship to God. Pray that God will help you to know His peace in such a powerful way that it brings peace to those around you."
And, finally, from Living Proof Live last week a quote and our key scripture:
  • "Don't separate the Word from the reality of your situation."
  • 2 Chronicles 36:23, "May the Lord your God energize you who being to His people, so you may be able to go back there."

Comments

Cynthia said…
It's good to see that you are back and that your cup is again overflowing. "Nothing can separate us from the love of God"--Nothing.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel