Tuesday's Tidbits

I don't know how you English people do it! - from Camden as he tried to mop the floor. Apparently Koreans mop the floor differently? :)

I started Weight Watchers up again last week, which  means I'm living in a state of perpetual starvation. Whoever says that they feel full and satisfied on raw fruit and veggies all day is crazy.

I have put together a collection of 2 week menus with recipe links and coordinating grocery lists. If you'd like them, leave me your email in the comments, and I'll send them to you. They also include a bonus breakfast recipe and one treat recipe. We just do raw vegetables or a salad for sides so there are no side dish recipes. And we generally do granola bars, cereal, or oatmeal for breakfast so you're on your own there. You'll also notice they are mostly beef or chicken recipes, although I did buy Halibut and Mahi Mahi yesterday (my family's jaw just dropped in shock) and plan to incorporate fish into our diet. You'll also notice that they aren't necessarily low fat, but they are homemade and use very little processed foods, which is more important to me than no fat.

I just might have gone to Jeni's yesterday with a friend and had a half scoop of The Buckeye State and Brown Butter Almond Brittle ice cream. Oh. My. Stars. And, no, that was not on the WW plan.

Just like I was freakishly worried about split ends when my hair was long, I am freakishly worried about having an old lady hair style now that it's short. I cannot wait for my long overdue haircut appointment this afternoon.

A verse I rediscovered last week: "Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few." I Samuel 14:6

Two articles that came into my reader at the perfect time last week after all the morning drama: Unglued Mama Mornings and Saving Grace (On Raising Christians). Both good and hit me straight in the heart.

By the way, people keep commenting on how hard it is to comment with the verification words. I'm turning it off for now. If I start getting spam again, it'll have to go back on.

Rory wanted a little photo shoot (more on this later), and I am always happy to oblige. I ended up with WAY too many shots of my pretty girl. Here are just a couple to get you started (prepare yourselves to see alot over the next couple of days).

DSC_4378


DSC_4376


DSC_4377


DSC_4374

Perfection.
DSC_4371



Valorie Wibbens/Lauren Reid: Luv U Smore
101008_meltygoodness-web

Valorie Wibbens/Paislee Press: Head in the Clouds
081212_readornot-web

Zoe Pearn/Erica Zane: Daydream
081311_together-web

Comments

Renee T. said…
Yum Jeni's! The brown butter brittle flavor was one of the flavors I ordered for Pete for Father's Day! Cute Rory pics :)
I really need to look into this Jenni's thing... don't I?! Uhm, I kinda LOVE the photos of Rory here! GAUGH... love love love!!!

And, I also appreciate that you turned the verification off. I don't know what blogger was thinking making it so much harder. (And impossible for me to comment on the iPad) Here's hoping you have no spam!
Anonymous said…
I want the recipes :)
brandyfay@gmail.com

Laurie said…
We are in SUCH a rut with meals. I would looove the meal planning info/recipes!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Nlbook@gmail.com

The buckeye ice cream sounds sooo delish!!

I read the 'unglued' article this morning. So good. Just bought the 'Unglued' book this week. I can't wait to start reading it!!
Julie said…
I would love the recipes too! WW works for me but it is easy to get stuck in a rut! djanderson4@suddenlink.net
Sally said…
The "unglued Momma mornings" really challenged me--thanks for sharing. School starts tomorrow:) I found your blog from the Holt board. I have an adopted son from Korea & 2 bio kids--one of who is a Camden.
Would love recipes! Now that all 3 are going to be in school full days, I am on a quest to get away from processed foods.
eshmoyer@dejazzd.com
Angie said…
I would love to have the recipes. I've been looking for some new things to make. The pics of Rory are great! edgmon06@cocmast.net
StarWarsFans said…
I need to lose 15 pounds and am on the hunt for heathy (i.e. not Nachos every night) meals. So I would love for you to send me your recipes! starwarsfans98 at gmail dot com. Love your pics of Rory. She is so cute!
I'm in a meal rut too... include me please! I'm always on the lookout for a variation of the same beef & chicken stuff I make!
kruettgers@gmail.com

and OMG those picture of Rory are priceless! I love them all and can't wait to see more!!
Erin said…
I would LOVE the recipes, too! Thank you so much! erin0302 at hotmail dot com
Amy said…
Those pics of Rory are gorgeous!! Please put me on the email list. I desperately need some new recipes!
Jodi said…
Now that school's back in session, I need to be better about the healthier eating around here and the meal planning. Would love to see yours please! :) justmp@hot.rr.com

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)