Thousand Gifts 8/6

We (as in Brian and I) had a grand plan of getting the kids back into school mode starting this morning even though they don't start until Friday. We planned to get them up at 6:30, go through the motions of a school morning, and then Brian was planning to leave by 7:00 to spend the day in his own classroom. I was even planning to make fresh blueberry muffins because that would totally be normal for a school morning around here (insert eyeroll and much sarcasm here).

Unfortunately, we failed to plug into the equation the fact that I had chemo 3 days ago and haven't slept since. I got up at 6:00 and could not keep my eyes open. Not just sleepy, but literally could not keep my eyes open (and also feeling fairly miserable as a result of the lovely Neulasta injection last week). He sent me back to bed and when I woke up at 8:15, the kitchen was clean, he and the kids had finished 2 loads of laundry and had a 3rd and final load in the dryer. I am telling you, this man is a keeper (and does not get nearly enough credit around here!). I am praying that he has a very productive day and that he is able to make up for the time he lost helping our family this morning.

My Thousand Gifts for this week:
  • 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
  • smell of rain
  • Camden's sheer excitement (and complete indecision) in the Lego store
  • celebrating Camden's birthday with our family
  • getting out of the hospital in only 24 hours
  • not finding anything significantly wrong
  • watching the kids cheer for USA swimming
  • singing praise with 5,000 women
  • learning new truths with my mom and Becky
  • the opportunity to learn from Beth Moore
  • late night Olympic watching with family
  • Whitey's ice cream with friends
  • a CA125 number that continues to stay low (11.2)
  • smell of Brian's cologne
  • for finally seeing God's plan being revealed in our lives
  • a fresh start
  • spending the afternoon with mom and Addison
A few pictures from last week (was it really only last week?):

Camden got to ride on his own this trip. Notice the high fives from William and Xavier.
DSC_3309

Working on backing up.
DSC_3059

DSC_3057

Best I could get because of the sunflare.
DSC_2983

Yes, I realize you can't see the horse or really their faces, but I can see the hint of laughter.
DSC_3022

DSC_3149

DSC_3157

A nature scavenger hunt (they moved much too quickly for me to really take pictures).
DSC_3154

DSC_3158

Comments

Amy said…
I love the look of concentration on Camden's face. I'm very impressed with him riding by himself because I'm not sure I'm that brave! Praying you are able to get some rest today and tonight. Don't worry about getting into school mode. Just enjoy these last few days of no routine...plenty of time for that next week!
I'm so late to this at this point... but I just had to say that I think it's AWESOME how Brian can make a morning that productive!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5