Tuesday's Tidbits

Daddy, did you ever finish telling me how a raccoon becomes a butterfly?

I am not a game person. I know, I know - complete buzz kill. However, Draw Something Free has managed to suck me in so if you want to join and see what an awful artist I am, then start up a game with me. Pretty sure you can find me using Facebook.

I have found the perfect blog reader for my iPad - Reeder is AMAZING. Seriously so worth the $1.99 I paid for it.

Some friends have come together and have been sending me packages over the last couple of weeks. I can't even tell you how much it means to me that you all remember me and love me enough to encourage me in this way. Rory told me yesterday when the UPS man dropped off yet another package that "you and daddy must be so proud to get all these packages."

While Camden has a ton of good qualities, he's still a 9 year old kid and compassion isn't at the top of his positive character traits. Brian started back to work this week and has been gone the last 2 days, which means that post-chemo I've been alone with both kids all day long. Kids who have reached the end of summer and are ready for a change of pace. Translated: they're so hyped up that they're busting out of this 2 bedroom house. This morning Rory needed yet another something (she was in the bathroom) and Camden called out, "Don't get up, mama! I've got it!" Maybe it doesn't seem like much, but these little flashes of compassion not only bring tears to my eyes but gives me just a little glimpse of the person he's becoming.

And speaking of Camden, he happened to be present when my mom and dad's barn cat gave birth to kittens. And you know my Camden is such an animal lover. He told my mom, "She (the mother cat) must be so proud right now." and then told the horses "this is such an exciting time." And he was not kidding.

I asked the kids if there was anything funny they remembered from the week that we should put in Tuesday's Tidbits and Rory said, "what are Bid Sticks?" And then cried when Camden and I laughed. She's a little emotional these days.

The mama cat. The kids called her the "mother mother cat" because she had kittens, plus her own kitten had kittens. ;)
DSC_3249

Looking forward to taking real pictures of this girl soon. We came home from Illinois to a changed child - I am amazed at how much she had morphed in only one week.
DSC_3676

Made these blueberry muffins yesterday. They were a little dry, but quite tasty. I'd like to try them again. Any idea how to up the moist factor?
DSC_3689


A 2-pager from our trip to Oklahoma. Click here for credits.
062312_kiddie-park-web

Comments

Julie said…
I am glad you are posting again :)
Joan B said…
gorgeous photos. a small amount of applesauce or zucchini should add some moisture to the muffins without fat. or there is always sour cream...
Unknown said…
M - I have always heard that a little applesauce in a muffin mix helps make it moist and let me tell you, I agree! :)
Loved reading these tidbits! And the photo of Addison?! Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do at the "real" shoot!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5