Sick Day

Pretty sure this is a first for our family: Brian called in sick! That whole thing about men being babies doesn't apply to Brian. He is most definitely not a wuss so I know that he is really feeling badly if didn't go to work. Hopefully, he'll be on the mend soon.

Rory and I decided to celebrate Family Day by dropping Camden off at school and heading to Nashville to hit up Kroger, Publix, the library, and Gigi's Cupcakes. Sounds like a blast, doesn't it? She was in a very sweet giggly mood and kept many of our fellow shoppers entertained as she carried on a dozen conversations on her imaginary cell phone.

Camden won the silver medal in the kindergarten reading Olympics (which means we spent a whole lot of time reading to him during the last 2 weeks). He was quite proud of himself even if the medals were only paper and not real (as he informed us).



Stay tuned for cupcake pictures tomorrow.

Comments

Brian Lewis said…
So proud of my Olympian! I'm not sure which medal Melissa looked at, but the one I saw was real and even engraved on the back!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Go Camden! And yum, cupcakes!
Anonymous said…
Had to laugh out loud... my little guy does the invisible cell phone conversations too and it cracks me up every time.
Go Camden!! That's one cool looking medal!
Unknown said…
Congrats Camden!

... and Greg is the same way. He has been at the same employer for 15 1/2 years, and has never called in sick. I hope Brian feels better soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel