Every Man (or child) For Himself

Not only did we have Camden's first baseball game of the season on Saturday, we had an uninvited guest at our house. I was crouching on the ground trying to snap a quick picture of Camden in his uniform when he yelled "snake!" I screamed like a girl and ran to the deck as quickly as I could. It was only after I reached the deck and turned around that I realized both kids were still in the yard. With the snake. Who was huge. Clearly, I am not the mother you want to have around in a catastrophe since I'll only save myself. Can you believe how big this thing is? Can you believe I almost sat on it!! Can you believe I left my kids out in the yard?



Brian killed the snake (which I understand is illegal in Tennessee, but who cares!) while Rory stood on the deck with me and declared it "bisgusting."



Comments

Anonymous said…
That IS a big snake! Wow!! Hilarious that the kids just stood there as you ran for cover!
joelsgirl said…
I'm still laughing at you. Apparently you managed to take a picture AND run for cover, eh?
Melissa said…
At least the picture was AFTER we were safely on the deck and waiting for Brian to come to our rescue. :)
Elizabeth Frick said…
Yikes! That's a big one! Love that you ran for the hills...
Becky said…
oh my goodness, my jaw is still on the floor---I am completely creeped out by the picture of the snake and and I am going to have to rethink any future visits to your house!
Melissa said…
I would still be running and screaming if I would have had that thing that close to me. EEK! I decided to enlarge the picture of it - MISTAKE - now I think I'm going to have nightmares. That thing was HUGE!
Amanda said…
I would have done the same thing!! That is so scary!!
OK... this is FUNNY. Like, holding my stomach while tears are rolling down my cheeks FUNNY. I woulda done the same thing. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel