Oh, my!

Rory and I took a trip to the dentist's office yesterday. Is it strange that she's not quite 3.5 and has been to the dentist 3 times in the last 8 months? It does not bode well for her dental future (and for our wallets). Once again, this girl managed to charm the socks off everyone. I swear that she thinks these appointments are just opportunities to talk to new people. The good news is that the hygienist said we're doing a great job of keeping her teeth and mouth clean. The bad news is that she apparently has very weak teeth. The diagnosis is SIX cavities and ONE rotting tooth. Seriously. So we're off to see a pediatric dentist next week. Let me encourage you to take your children to the dentist early. We're one of those families who don't drink juice, don't do much candy, brush teeth religiously, and it still hasn't mattered for us.


I think Camden and Rory must have missed playing with each other last week while the cousins were here because they have been so good together the last several days. From racing around the house full steam to just sitting on the couch together. These phases don't seem to last long, but I'm enjoying it for now. They really can be very sweet together.

Comments

Angie said…
Luke has the same problem with his teeth. Last year he had one pulled, spacer put in and then silver caps put on all eight of his molars. You don't really notice his caps unless he opens his mouth really wide.

Love the pictures and videos over the last few days. I remember well waiting for Rory to join her forever family and you guys coming back from Korea! Hope you guys are having a great week!
well Rory couldn't be cuter!!!

Both kids go to the dentist next week I believe and I have told Todd (he is taking them) that he needs to ask about a mouth guard for Ethan...he grinds like there is NO tomorrow... I swear his baby teeth are TINY because of it!

I love seeing the pictures... they are looking GREAT!!!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Oh no! How awful to have to deal with weak teeth at such a young age! Poor Rory! At least she weathers the appointments well :)
And how wonderful that the kids are playing so well together. Enjoy.
Love the photo of your two kiddos together... sweetness.

I fear for our first dental appointment. Fear it.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)