Things They Say

Posting this tonight because I plan to take full advantage of having a husband on spring break and sleep in tomorrow morning! :)
  • From Rory: "I gonna go to Sunday School so my teachers can learn me sumpin." Very southern of her, don't you think?
  • Brian and I have a little debate about whether or not a particular Mexican meal is called a taco salad (me) or a fiesta (Brian). Camden settled it for us when he declared "This is a taco salad. We're in America now, not that other country" (a.k.a Colorado).
  • "I gonna take my bwudder down" while wrestling with Camden.
  • We started a new book this week (the plan is to memorize a verse a week) and this week's verse is "A soft answer turns away wrath. Proverbs 15:1" Rory's first version was "A soft answer goes away and turns into a rat." Later on (as she tried to "remind" Camden to be kind to her) it moved into "a soft answer turns away in Iraq."
  • Me: "What do you have in your mouth, Rory?" (thinking she had snuck a piece of candy after church). Rory: "Six cabities."

Emily Powers/Leora Sanford: An Umbrella Built for Two

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
Such witty kiddos. Love it!
Enjoy your sleeping in!!!
KrisJ said…
SOO CUTE!! I wish we lived close I would love seeing our sassy girls playing!
Anonymous said…
Indeed, very Southern!!!

I didn't realize Colorado was it's own country, haha! It is, however, a Spanish word, so he has that correct! A fiesta is a party, not a meal.. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel