Right Now

Right now I'm struggling to find the joy in parenting.

Right now fear is creeping in about my doctor's appointment on April 3.

Right now Brian and I are experiencing some hurtful situations that I cannot go into, but they make you question whether ministry is really worth it. People we thought were friends are silent, and it feels lonely.

Right now both kids are involved in a sport at the same time (for the first time), splitting us up several nights a week.

Right now I'm angry at myself for not cherishing the little moments more.

Right now Brian is getting up at 3 a.m. to study for his Texas education test that he is taking in 8 days, working a full-time job, then studying some more. You can imagine how that might stress a family out.

Right now my scar tissue is flaring up once again simply because I chose to wear jeans for one day after a 3 week break.

Right now I am attempting to lose weight via Weight Watchers, and starting a weigh-loss program during a stressful time in your life is probably not the best idea if you know what I mean. And I'm not sure that losing only 2.5 lbs in 3 weeks time is worth it.

Right now the thought of relocating, buying a house, finding new jobs, fundraising, etc. is overwhelming.

Right now I'm supposed to be preparing for a talk at a women's conference on staying spiritually healthy during a physically unhealthy time. Ironic.

Right now I just want to eat something besides fruits and vegetables.

Right now I just got home from registering Rory for preschool starting Monday, and it's a toss-up as to who is more excited.

Right now I'm worried that the choice of red for my new glasses might be the wrong one.

Right now there is a serious downpour outside.

Right now Romans 8:38-39 is speaking to me: "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Right now I am trying to choose to be grateful for things like: an unexpected financial blessing last week, the joy both kids find in their baseball and soccer practices, for an expected gift related to my frivolous shoes I can't wait to buy, that spring break is next week, that Brian and I will be flying to Texas ALONE for 5 days in less than a week, that God is always good.


Comments

Right now........I am stopping to pray for you. You have been a source of encouragement and humor and challenge to me for several months. Please know that you are being carried to the throne....Right now.
Monica said…
joining with your friend in prayer
Joy said…
You are going through so much at one time and I know it's feeling overwhelming. Just know we are all praying for you constantly and remember to breathe. ; ) It's hard when people turn away - even for sometimes selfish reasons - and it hurts. Take joy in the happy moments as you get ready to start your next big adventure. Keep going one step at a time - you can do it! : ) Thinking of you ALWAYS!!
Michelle said…
Breeeeeathe Melissa!! Easier said than done, right?! ;) As someone who moves every 2 years I can relate to the stress of it all compounded with everything else coming down on you. This too shall pass and chocolate.. err.. I mean fruit and veggies are sure to help get you through it. ;) Lifting you up!!!
Joanna B said…
Even one of those things would be enough to stress a person out! I am thinking of you!
Preschool will be great...for both of you!
this all sounds very overwhelming!!! It is making me feel edgy just reading this. Preschool is going to be good. Very good. For both of you.
Amy said…
You have so much going on, so much more than I realized. Praying for you and Brian right now.
Krista said…
hoping and praying today is providing more ups than downs. breathe in... breathe out.
Wow. This sounds incredibly trying. I'm so sorry that all of this is going on right now. I hope that this is all soon in the past. Hugs friend, hugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel