Our Week So Far

So Becky came into town Tuesday for a whirlwind 12 hours. Literally. They drove 11 hours to get here (with her in-laws who were attending a memorial service) spent 12 hours here including sleep time then drove 11 hours back home. But we were so happy to see them, and the cousins had an absolute blast.

We only took a few pictures, but here is the first one of all 5 cousins together.
DSC_6315

DSC_6355

DSC_6353

A picnic for lunch. Notice Frenchie is making her pregnant self comfortable among the kiddos and the food.
DSC_6422

DSC_6424
(Holy, bright sunlight, Batman! I always forget how tough neon green spring grass plus the bright sunlight is when you're taking pictures.)

The boys were SO sweet with Addison. They both sang to her, and Xavier said "nice meeting you" when he finished holding her. LOL
DSC_6395

DSC_6401


And a picture of Rory after (her words) the most awesomest day ever. Her hair kinda looks like she had some kind of awesome day.
DSC_6438

Rory went to school yesterday so Addison and I ventured out to the grocery store for the first time. Let's just say that she hates the car seat, and I was really worn out by the time we got home.

Don't forget about ice cream for breakfast tomorrow. It's been kind of weird to relive this week leading up to my surgery and cancer diagnosis. I've been trying to not focus on it, but I have to admit that the fear has crept in just a bit. Not to mention all the phantom symptoms I keep feeling, probably in anticipation of my check-up next week. I told Brian the other day that I kinda get why people might find it easy to retreat into pain pills or alcohol because there have been a couple of times this week where I honestly would have liked for my brain to be a bit foggy. No one worry - I'm fine! 

I have two posts up at The Lilypad here (pictures) and here (recipes) if you're interested.

Laundry and removing the last signs of fall/winter from the kid's closet are on the agenda for today. Happy Thursday!


Comments

Great pictures...especially of the five cousins. I can see why Rory thought it was the most awesomest day! I have been really praying about your upcoming doctor's visit. I will pray for peace while you wait for it.
Mom Of Many said…
A FB friend {Erin Parsons} posted a picture of her kids eating an ice cream breakfast celebrating your life. I had to peek in and just say that I am so thankful that you are alive and I will be praying for God's perfect peace to comfort and strengthen you. He is always faithful!

And being an ice cream lover, although I don't know you, we're going to partake in the festivities as well..and I will show my kids your family pictures {we have some from China as well}...and we will pray for you and your family at this time.
Blessings, Linny
Love seeing all those kids together!
I ditto Elizabeth... it is SO FUN to see all the cousins together!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel