Tuesday's Tidbits

After helping me pick out everyone's clothing for Sunday, Rory said, "We're so fashion-ey, aren't we, Mama."

Did you know that boy's pant sizes skip from 8 to 10? It's insane. Camden has been wearing 8 slims for the last 8 months or so, and they are just too short. But size 10? They completely swallow him. Where is size 9?

Krista (I think) recomended Nini several weeks ago, and I promptly bought it and then gave it to Rory (along with a Fancy Nancy book, of course) on her Family Day last week. I proceeded to sob my way through it as I read to her. It is insanely beautiful and heart wrenching. My tender-hearted girl took it very seriously. As hard as it is, I do firmly believe that books like this help our kids process what has happened in their lives, and this one is really well done. Many questions followed, none of them easy to answer.

Mommy, I think our cat is literally turning into a hunter. It just hunted down a bug and ate it. - Camden

I started Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred yesterday, and my muscles are screaming in protest this morning. My last chemo, Gemzar, actually made my muscles feel this way - burning and aching as if I'd thoroughly worked them out except, of course, I hadn't. Ironically enough, I've now given this pain to myself on purpose.

After spending our entire lives (both of our dads are pastors) in a church either chosen for us or as a staff member, we had the privilege of actually choosing where to attend church this past Sunday. We chose Cross Point, and it was lovely. Absolutely refreshing and invigorating.  The music was fantastic, the sermon was good, and I loved hearing Rory sing Jesus in my ear at the top of her lungs.

My babysitter fell through for today so I've got my little chatterbox with me for lunch with friends as well as a trip to my hair stylist. I can't wait to get this afro trimmed although I would have preferred to do it in blissful silence. Rory thinks the entire salon is her audience.

Friday there was crazy weather everywhere. In fact, Camden was out of school half day in anticipation of bad weather. It didn't materialize in our little neck of the woods although it was strangely warm (80's) and extremely windy. Here are a couple of pictures from that afternoon. You can tell by the hair how windy it was.

DSC_5420

DSC_5422

DSC_5426

This one completely makes me laugh.
DSC_5427

And this one just kind of cracks me up. Rory's happy; Camden's sulking over who knows what. Kind of representative of both of them right now.
DSC_5350

This boy is harder to read every day.
DSC_5372

DSC_5374

And it doesn't happen often, but she literally refused to have anything to do with the camera or move her hands from her face.
DSC_5408

And look how big this girl is getting! Wish I had a different colored blanket so her little bear would show up better.
DSC_5265

Lauren Grier: Simply Fall
122111_caught-web


Comments

Brenda Shearon said…
completely understand about the boy sizes jumping from 8 to 10. I guess after 7 they think they grow by two pant sizes at a time:)
Vicky said…
I have good luck with old Navy and the adjustable waist- and then I wash them and dry them to shrink them up a bit :)

My arm has been sore like I had exercised- and then I remembered, I swept up popcorn at the rink! Now that is out of shape!!

I have always wanted to go to a service at Cross Point- how lucky and I'm so glad to hear it did not disappoint!
Anonymous said…
Evidently girls' pants go from 8-10 also! Beckee
I love the processing on these... and the cool point of view in the first ones! So fun!

And I know when we were looking for a congregation to join up in Boston, I enjoyed experiencing all the new churches! It sounds like it was fun for you too!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel