Sunburns

I got a sunburn today. I know a sunburn is not good for you. Always use sunscreen, blah, blah, blah.

But I got a sunburn today from sitting outside watching Rory's first soccer game of the season (in what felt like blazing heat), and I now have freckles sprinkled across my face to go along with my pink arms and shoulders. 

It's a big deal because last year at this time I was in the hospital recovering from surgery. I missed lots and lots of baseball games and practices. And when I did feel well enough to be outside, I had to stay covered up because "avoid direct sunlight" was plastered across all my prescription bottles and something my chemo nurse mentioned often.

 So a sunburn today feels important. It makes me feel healthy. And I really, really, really want to be as healthy as I look.

Comments

KrisJ said…
THAT is awesome!!
Sunburns are okay sometimes. Sounds like yours will do just fine.
I think this sunburn rocks then!
Karen said…
I got a sunburn (and am still peeling) at sam's first practice a couple of weeks ago. I really should remember to heed those labels! I had to comment, though, because it felt oddly good to have such a "normal" issue for once!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel