Friday Photo Dump

Last night was such a sweet reprieve from the craziness of life. Because of crazy downpours all day long, both soccer and baseball practices were canceled. Brian came home right after school and didn't study, which means there was time for me to sucker him into doing Day 4 of the 30-Day Shred with me, to wrestle and laugh with the kids, and then watch some Food Network as a family complete with a side of popcorn. Brian went to bed early while the kids laid in bed to read and I had a scrapping marathon as I listened to The Digi Show. I think it was exactly what we all needed.

Today is Camden's first day of spring break (Brian's starts Monday), and so that means despite the later bedtime Rory was up at 5:45. There is no sleeping in around here! I'm taking the kids to see The Lorax this afternoon and then we're meeting friends at a new Japanese restaurant. I've never eaten Japanese food, before and I kinda hate seafood so this should be interesting. Happy to see friends that I haven't seen for almost a year, though. In fact, I think I was newly bald the last time we ran into them. They are friends who came and sat in our driveway to pray for us when we received news my chemo hadn't been effective, and they are dear to our hearts.

Now on to the pictures:

Camden and his art entry for a display at school.
DSC_5337

Saturday they spent hours reading together. Peacefully!
DSC_5458

Pulled out the food coloring twice in one week and made these chocolate chip cookie cups. It's like I'm turning into Martha Stewart. ;)
DSC_5461

Camden and Baby Addison (have I mentioned that Rory always calls her Baby Addison, never just Addison?)
DSC_5500

These next two aren't that great, but they're so representative of our afternoons. We get home from picking up Camden from school, they change clothes, then immediately head outside to play. Camden is currently on a basketball kick, although I realize he's playing with a soccer ball here. And, yes, he's 8 and still playing with the basketball goal he got for his 2nd birthday despite the fact that he has a regular goal.
DSC_5288

DSC_5296

And from my scrap marathon last night (it was a little like my steroid nights back during chemo; you should be grateful I didn't blog!).

020612_bloom-web

021712_too-sweet-web

Zoe Pearn: Happiness Is
Lauren Grier: Kickstarts Singleton 2
020312_bounce-web

2012_mar7_1-7-web


Comments

Krista said…
that pic of Camden and baby Addison is priceless - ahh!
The "Martha Stewart" comment cracked me up. In part because I want to be her, and in part because you definitely channel her in the kitchen! (Well, her and Ree!)
Beth B. said…
Melissa ,your blog is my absolute favorite blog to read! I am so not kidding. I know I've told you before on here, but I just love how honest you are about parenting!
So how did the cookie cups taste? I love the recipes off of that blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel