Wordless Wednesday

060811_1



060811_2
(f2.5, 1/400 SS, ISO 250; taken with my 35mm lens)

And a bonus recipe. :) I love this hummus. It's full of garlic, salty flavor. We eat it with pita chips, as a dip for raw carrots, or I like to spread it on a turkey sandwich. I'll warn you - it's fairly addictive.

Spinach Hummus
1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained
1 garlic clove
1 cup packed spinach leaves
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 c olive oil

In a blender or food processor, combine garbanzo beans and garlic and puree until smooth. Add the spinach, lemon juice, spices, salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly, with the machine running, gradually add the olive oil. Taste for seasoning.

Comments

sounds yummy! Hummus would be something great for Isaac to eat with all of his allergies, but he is resistant. I might have to make it for myself, though!
Grace said…
rory, gorgeous as always!

hummus...mmmmmmmm...i think if i made this, it wouldn't make out of the blender and into a serving dish because it would be too busy going into my mouth. yum!
Elizabeth Frick said…
adorable!!! a bob? too cute.

and YUM... thanks for the new recipe!
Krista said…
Must make that recipe!
Like I said before... your photos ARE pretty!!! So is your subject!

And YUM! Thanks for this recipe. Spence LOVES hummus, so this is going on my list!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel