Tuesday's Tidbits

Made these fudge popsicles Friday, and they were delicious.

And speaking of homemade popsicles, found this link to 50 recipes. The orange mango ones look really good!

And since we're on the subject of food, I discovered the How Sweet It Is food blog last week and spent a whole lot of time browsing.

After spending the week wanting 24/7 entertainment, Rory decided that Friday morning about an hour before Brian and Camden were to arrive home that she would finally play a bit on her own.

And along those same lines, I apparently should have let her wash dishes on her own a long time ago because she spent a very happy 30 minutes washing 3 dishes, 2 spoons, singing "God is bigger than the boogeyman" and came out covered in water.

Camden stayed up until 1:15 a.m. the last night at camp, and he's convinced he stayed up all night because it was morning when he went to bed.

Tried a new sleeping pill (courtesy of my doctor just in case anyone thinks I'm drugging myself) and thank heavens it worked. I've spent the last 6 nights getting about 3 hours of sleep. And while I'm grateful for the quiet times I've had with my Bible at 3 a.m. not to mention getting caught up on TV, I think I'd prefer not to do it in the middle of the night.

My potassium has been crazy low since my first week of chemo. First the doctor put me on potassium pills for 5 days, then every day, then twice a day, then for the duration of chemo, then called me to say eat potatoes and bananas. Went for my regularly scheduled bloodwork (every Monday) and no potassium call from the doc!

The kiddos are going to VBS at a friend's church this week. I'm just gonna say that the quiet evening was kinda nice. Good news is VBS lasts all week. :) Oh, and they had a blast, of course. Rory is quite excited that she gets in on the fun and not just Camden (serious case of sibling jealousy going on in our house these days).

This morning as we snuggled on the couch, Rory asked, "When you left the hospital, did you have to make your bed?"

We have a very fun-filled day planned. I'm sure pictures will show up later this week.

And I have actually scrapped quite alot in the last week.

Lauren Reid: Imaginary Friends
060511_besties-web

Sahlin Studio: My Happiness
041011_myblessings-web

Lauren Grier/Shawna Clingerman: 365 Days With You (May kit)
060211_really-web

Gina Miller: Fruit Punch
060911_lazy-days-web

The Tattered Pear: Land of Awesome papers and elements
052311_princessofawesome-we


Comments

FABULOUS pages!!! And I love your tidbits this week... so many good ones. How is it Tuesday already!?
Anonymous said…
Sounds like your sweet tooth might be returning.
Mom
Lindsey Carney said…
It was great to see Rory and Camden at vbs last night. I decided I would LOVE to have Rory's closet, she is always dressed so cute! Glad your potassium is doing better and thanks for the popsicle craving ;)
I love your scrapbook pages, and I love that Camden thought he stayed up all night!!! To be fair, 1:15 is quite an accomplishment!!
Unknown said…
I just love your scrap pages. I have not tried to scrapbook since the dog chewed the edges of my premier scrapbook attempt. Maybe digital is the way to go? Thanks for the inspiration!

And those chairs are pretty darn cute too!
Krista said…
Those popsicles... yummy!! And the scrapping is fabulous as always - but love the one of Rory with her new "treats" - made me giggle.
Grace said…
i'm sorry, i got too distracted by the mention of fudge popsicles, so all i have to say is YUM.
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel