Bad News/Good News

Bad News: Cycle 3 chemo effects happened alot more quickly than previous cycles
Good News: Cycle 3 isn't as bad as Cycle 2

Bad News: I had to go to the ER Friday night.
Good News: Everything was fine.

Bad News: Woke up Sunday morning with a lopsided belly and knots around my IP port
Good News: My blood pressure was no longer 157 over 120.

Bad News: Didn't feel well enough to go to church and spent the day sacked out in my living room chair.
Good News: Still felt well enough to enjoy all my family who spent the day with me (mom and dad, brother, sister and brother-in-law, kiddos)

Bad News: Got way behind on my anti-nausea medicine Sunday night
Good News: The reason for that is I slept for 8 straight hours.

Bad News: Saw the doctor today and my IP port is definitely screwed up. Having a port-o-gram tomorrow morning and possible surgery.
Good News: We had these waffles with ice cream for breakfast and marked it off our summer list.

062711

Comments

Anonymous said…
the waffle looks delicious! hoping all is well soon with the port problem.
:) Renee
I love how you always look on the bright side. A waffle with ice cream is good for that!!
Mandy said…
The waffle looks so good! Sorry to hear about your port, keeping you in my thoughts.
Melissa, your attitude is SO inspiring. You are beautiful.

Praying for you every day!
KrisJ said…
BOOO for all the bad news and yaaa for your amazing outlook! And YUMM can I come to breakfast?!
Linda Balthrop said…
That waffle looks amazing! Wanted to eat it right off my screen. Praying all goes well with your port problem and the Dr's can resolve the issue without surgery.
Brenna said…
Sorry for the bad news, but YAY for the good news. Will be praying for a quick resolution to the port problems.
Amy said…
Praying that everything will be resolved tomorrow with the port. Those waffles make me hungry just looking at them! I think I'll add those to my summer list! :)
Krista said…
Liking all the good mixed in there! Praying all goes well with the port-o-gram. Hugs!
Elizabeth Frick said…
My goodness, what a roller coaster. I'm glad to see that the bad was tempered with, and balanced by, the good... I'm hoping that continues to be the way.
And my goodness... how did I NOT eat that waffle when we were in TN???! :)
Isn't it wonderful that the Lord gives us balance in our lives? So glad that the good is keeping pace with the bad. Praying for the port situation to be resolved.
This comment has been removed by the author.
No matter how you slice it, that waffle is GOOD news! ;) You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet said…
Thank you for sharing the GOOD and the BAD. Now...if you could put that ice cream for breakfast thing BACK ON the "to-do" list and invite us all over to share...that would be awesome. Thanks. Sorry for the port being messed up...hoping for more good news soon. You rock, girl!
Wow. You are a woman able to find the silver lining in anything, aren't you?!
Anonymous said…
I have waffle envy:) Angel

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel