Sick Boy

Despite having spent the first 3 years of his life in our pediatrician's office with recurring ear infections, RSV, asthma, and pneumonia, Camden has not been sick since he was 3 and a half. Well, maybe a brief fever last year sometime and the always present allergy issues, but not sick. Which explains why when he complained of a headache yesterday afternoon right after I told him it was time to clean his room that I completely brushed him off. Imagine my surprise when I found him an hour later laying in bed and running a fever of 100.2. Bad mama!

Anyway, he spent the the last couple hours of Wednesday in bed and watching Survivor with me. He woke up this morning fever free and is now happily playing at Gram and Gramps house. Or at least I guess that's all true. I slept until 7:30 and the house was quiet and empty when I finally dragged myself out of bed. And I do mean dragged because as soon as I took a step out of bed this morning, I completely crashed to the floor because both legs were asleep. Don't worry - I wasn't hurt and laughed at myself.

By the way, chemo brain is still in full-on mode. Yesterday when I dropped a prescription off at the pharmacy, I gave the pharmacist the completely wrong phone number. I am so not kidding when I say chemo turns my brain to mush.

And because I don't say it enough, this boy is my favorite 8 year old in the world. Notice the purple blanket and giraffe. My friend Tina's mother gave him this blanket when he was a baby, and he has slept with it every night since. Same with the giraffe. My aunt and uncle brought him this giraffe when he was 2. He promptly named it Lazarus and it stayed with him from that point on. I know it's only a matter of time before he puts away these last few remaining baby items, but for now they just make me smile when I see them.
092911
And just in case you're interested in the settings (and because I'm pleased that I pulled it off at night): 50mm lens, f1.6, 1/80 SS, and ISO 800

Comments

Sweet boy. I love that he sleeps with those things. Hope he's feeling better soon (you too!).
Leah said…
I'm a Survivor nutcase! Love the shows! Glad to see Cam is better! And I thought raising kids killed brain cells, or at least they get lost somewhere.... ? I think the rest of us feel the same way most days too! ;)
Anonymous said…
I'm glad Camden is felling well so soon after starting to feel sick! So very sweet that he still sleeps with his blanket and giraffe. :O)
This photo melts my heart. I love that he still has these precious items! And I love that you got that shot at night! Rock on!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5