Big Girl

We reached a new milestone last night and took down the crib so Rory slept in a big girl bed. Okay, actually she slept on a mattress on the floor, but that's only because the store had just sold the last few slats for the bed frame right before Brian walked in last night (see what I mean about this week just not going right? LOL). We haven't bought a head/footboard yet but we have the mattress and frame and because I'm determined to not have a four year old in a crib, we're just not waiting for the headboard. Rory was ecstatic and could not wait to get into bed last night. Of course, an hour later she was still going strong singing and playing. We made it through the first night without any problems, though. She poked her little head out the door about 6:15 but when she saw me, she quickly ran back in and slammed the door (I told her last night she couldn't get up until I opened her door in the morning). When I did open the door at 6:45, she was sitting straight up in bed with her legs crossed, all her animals/pillows gathered around, and wide awake. She told me that she kept falling out of bed during the night which I don't doubt since she generally sleeps curled up against the crib rails.

Rory's a very light sleeper so there's usually no sneaking up on her when she's asleep, but I managed it yesterday and took a quick picture during her last nap in her crib. She thinks that a big girl bed means no more naps, so I'm pretty sure she's in for a surprise right about 1:00 this afternoon. :)

091710_1



Comments

Go Rory! I think we'll be camped out outside Spencer's door when we make the transition. I can't get him to lay down in the crib, so how's the bed going to work!? You'll have to let us know what her reaction is at one today!
Amanda said…
Yay for Rory and her big girl bed!!
Joy said…
Sumner sleeps great in the bed at night, but rarely naps in it. I usually find her asleep on the couch! LOL

Hope tonight goes a little smoother! : )
Elizabeth Frick said…
Sounds like it went pretty well. O just has a mattress on the floor too. Works just fine! And not as far to fall :)
Stay strong, mama.
Krista said…
Yep it's official! She's a big girl all right!
Anonymous said…
Our girl is definitely growing up! Sort of sad, but glad all is going well!

Love,

Gram
Anonymous said…
Our girl is definitely growing up! Sort of sad, but glad all is going well!

Love,

Gram

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel