Our Week in Pictures

090310_6
We had a very rushed, late-notice family photo session Monday night. Our pastor and partner in the Texas church endeavor has already started traveling and fundraising and needed a picture for his presentation. You have no idea the drama involved in getting this picture, but there were ants, ticks, and 90 degree weather so you might have some idea.

090310_5
Tuesday I practiced with Rory a bit and used a fun photo action.

090310_4
Wednesday, my pre-ordered book arrived eight days late and I proceeded to finish it in less than 24 hours. If you haven't read this trilogy by Suzanne Collins, you definitely should. The first book is The Hunger Games followed by Catching Fire and Mockingjay. So fun!

090310_2
Is it just me or does Taz look lonely? She slept all day until Camden got home, and then both kids played dogcatcher and tortured her by chasing her around the house and locking her in the crate. I
almost felt sorry for her. At one point, I actually caught Rory in the crate with her holding her head down because she was "in trouble." The poor dog is quite traumatized and is barely eating or moving from the crate. I'm guessing our house is a bit more lively than what she's used to.

090310_1
Aaaannnnnnddddd this picture represents the general tone of our week. The kids have just about gotten the best of Brian and I. And by kids I mostly mean a specific 7 year old who just got new glasses. I can't tell if he's going through a little phase because of the Texas trip (and his strong objection to it) combined with some bullying/teasing he's had at school or if it's just a matter of being 7 and kind of obnoxious. We've spent lots of time working on respect and kindness and it's been exhausting. Clearly, Rory's had a few growing pains as well. And poor Brian is having a tough time at school, not to mention being extra busy at church this week. One of the teachers in his 4th grade team is starting a new job (a month into the school year) and they're doing some major rearranging with classrooms and schedules. This is his 4th year teaching and he's yet to have the same classes/schedule.

090310_3
In an effort to brighten our week a little bit, I made cupcakes for supper last night. (Okay, actually I've just been craving them ever since I confessed I'd never made them. Plus I found a new recipe for buttercream icing that involved half-n-half, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla, and it completely lived up to the hype. We decided to throw out all the rules and parenting for the evening. We played games, did homework together, and ate cupcakes. I hope that the break from the rules will help us all to be refreshed and things will run a little more smoothly.

90310_4
Because I definitely want to see more of this smile.

I saw on Facebook this morning that today is National Lazy Mom Day, and I've decided that's something I definitely should celebrate. How about you?


Comments

Joy said…
LOVE the family photo!

We are having "one of those weeks" too. I'm hoping it's just the new schedule with school starting and this general - um - 'sassiness' will not become common. What does it say that I checked out "The Strong Willed Child" from the library? LOL

Hope you all have a relaxing long weekend!
Elizabeth Frick said…
:( ugh, so sorry about the rough week. but that family photo? AWESOME!!!
and way to buck the system and make cupcakes. gotta love nights like that. hope it improved everyone's week!
KrisJ said…
MAN I need a lazy day!! Good job on the cupcakes they look delish!!
Sorry its been a bad week.. seems like its going around!
I want to come trip whoever is giving Cam a hard time!! And OMG the pics are adorable!!
Oh man. Maybe it's the moon? We're having "a week" as well. Is it wrong that I love that teary photo of Rory?!

(I love the family shot as well - beautiful!)
Krista said…
Great family picture! You all are so photogenic - so very lucky!
SOOO jealous you have read Mockingjay! I just finished Hunger Games and am 10th in line now for Catching Fire - CAN'T WAIT!
Taz does look lonely :(
And good luck with the rough week...
Cupcakes for dinner? Sounds perfect!
Anonymous said…
I would love the family pic if I didn't think about the purpose for it. (o: No, really, we are glad that you obey the Lord in your life's choices. Grandma and pa E.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)