Lollipops

Uncle Michael and Aunt Liz brought the kiddos these lollipops last weekend, and I immediately said they had to sit in front of me while they ate them so I could take pictures. Oh, yes, I totally made them start out in front of me. But I didn't make them pose, just let them eat for a few minutes and then left them in peace.

091010_4
You'd almost think they never get sugar by the joy on their faces.
(and just for Joy, here are the camera settings: f3.2, 320 ISO, 1/200ss)

091010_3

I've been sitting around feeling sorry for myself this morning. It's Friday and seems like it should be a slow day. I spent 4 years having Fridays off before I became a stay at home mom, and I've never been able to shake the feeling that the weekend begins Friday morning. And this has not been a slow morning. I used the treadmill, fixed breakfast, cleaned and mopped the bathroom, swept and mopped the kitchen, etc. But as I worked in the kitchen, I could hear Sesame Street in the background and Rory singing along with the TV as she sat surrounded by her coloring books, stickers, and scissors. And I decided that instead of feeling sorry for myself at having to clean the house on a Friday morning that I should feel happy that I have a house to clean, that it's raining outside, that we had a good morning with Camden before school, and that Rory is happy with Sesame Street and her colors. And I feel much better.

If you're a scrapper, here are a few new goodies available today.

Gina Miller: Flea Market kit
Crystal Livesay: Me Time template set


Designs by Lili/Leora Sanford: Boy, Oh, Boy
Crystal Livesay: Me Time template set



Comments

Joy said…
And Joy says - THANK YOU! : )
I would do the same thing! (With the lollipops I mean) And now I am just going to pretend my name is Joy, because I've been wondering about your settings as well. Have I mentioned that I can't wait to have better ISO options with my new camera?!
Amanda said…
To cute! I would have done the same thing.
Elizabeth Frick said…
I like that you turned around your sadness on a Friday morning. I find it easy to slip into the woe-is-me mode too. You're right to count our blessings in moments like those :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel