Our Labor Day

We spent Labor Day hunting down big girl bedding for Rory at two different Targets (found everything but the really cute pillow that I wanted); had a cook out at my sister's house with some dear friends, and made a quick park trip with the kids. We'd planned on letting the kids play as long as they wanted at the park, but we made the mistake of going at the end of our fairly long day and we were tired plus the park was FULL of people, including lots of big kids who were quite rowdy. We got home about 5:00, put the kids through a quick bath/shower, then popped in a movie (which Rory had no interest in, of course) and let them eat supper in front of the TV and then had an early bedtime.

I was not a good Mommy Photographer and only took 2 pictures all day yesterday. This on top of the fact that I did not even take the camera when we went on a picnic Friday night, and missed a good photo opportunity since we ran into one of Camden's friends from kindergarten (who happens to be from China and the cutest girl with red glasses you've ever seen). She attends a different school now, and he misses her so much. Judging from the scream that came out of her mouth when she saw Camden, she misses him too.

So here are the two very exciting pictures from yesterday. :)

090610_1

090610_2


Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
Cute shots, but I have to admit that I'm bummed too that you didn't capture the reunion between Camden and his buddy!
Is it wrong that I'm more focused on the light you caught in there eyes than anything else?! Great job!!

(And I can't wait to see the big girl bedding in place!)
okay so when are you starting your photography business? After the move? =) ALL OF THE PHOTOS ARE FABULOUS!!!
Krista said…
Sounds like a busy weekend! I hate when the big kids are roudy at the park too - not fun for anyone.
Anonymous said…
Hey Melissa,
I saw on facebook the bedding you were looking for and they have that pillow at target.com. I remembered that b/c I LOVE that pillow and if they shipped internationally would buy one of their several owl pillow for my Caroline's room. Hope you find it!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel