Another Monday

Our weekend went by in a whirlwind of activities starting Friday night with a trip to Dairy Queen as a reward for a full jar of marbles for the kids (they fill up a little jar with marbles for good behavior and then get to do something fun as a reward) followed by a quick trip to Walmart where I finally located Rory's birthday present. Twelve inch princess bikes are apparently hard to come by since I've been calling every Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, etc. in the area for the last 6 weeks. We finally found one and then very nearly lost it to another little girl who was on the hunt for the same bike. Saturday I had a photoshoot with my sister's niece, a much-needed haircut, trips to the library and bookstore, a wedding, a reception, and a photoshoot with Camden and Rory. Sunday was church and more church.

I had hopes that this week might be a little less busy than last week for all of us, but especially Brian considering he missed supper and/or bedtime with the kids every night except Friday, but so far three nights are already full. I'm beginning to think life will never slow down.

We're still transitioning into Rory's big girl bed. She does pretty well at night, although at 3:00 a.m. last night she was wide awake and playing in her room, but for the most part she's done well. Naptimes are a different story. And let's just say I'm using the term "naptime" loosely. For instance, an hour into her nap today, I found her running races with Camden (never mind that Camden is not actually in her room). I'm beginning to wonder if naps are going to be just a distant memory.

Camden has a dentist's appointment this afternoon and I'm very curious to hear what he has to say. Camden's top two teeth have been loose for the past 6 months with no progress. And in the last month we've noticed that they've started to stick out. Think buck teeth. Of course, they're these tiny little baby teeth so it's not too noticable at this point, but I'm thinking that his adult teeth are trying to push on through and I'm guessing they will not be small. Remember the "Wow! Those things are huge." comment from the dentist at his last visit as he looked at Camden's x-rays?

I'm off to fix myself an iced coffee and try to enjoy the last few minutes of "naptime."

Gina Miller/Rachel Young: Grandma's Attic
082409_glow-web

Kaye Winiecki: Bumps and Blahs


Sahlin Studio: Explore, Learn, Grow
081810_learn-web

Comments

Elizabeth Frick said…
I feel your "naptime" pain. It's so unbelievably frustrating. But the upside? Long, nice evenings for mom and dad due to early bedtime! :)
KrisJ said…
I cant wait to see the photoshoot pics!!
I needed a coffee before I read this! Now, I *really* need a coffee! Whew! Do you feel like you are running a marathon lately!?

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel