Tuesday's Tidbits

I've been making mental notes all week about this week's Tuesday's Tidbits, but failed to write them down and now I've forgotten most of the cute stuff - it was a full week when it comes to Tidbits, but they are forever lost in my mushy brain. Here are the few I remember:

Rory's taken the approach that if she's really excited when she asks me for something, that I'll be more likely to do it so I've gotten alot of, "WOULD YOU???!!! LIKE???!!! TO LET ME???!!! HAVE???!!! A PIECE OF CANDY???!!!

Rory's favorite part of having a big girl bed is that I can lay down beside her. She says, "Are you not tired? Let's talk, mama."

And Sunday morning I went in to get her up and laid down beside her, she said, "let's talk about ourselves." When I asked her about Sunday School instead she said, "yep, snacks and Jesus."

Okey Dokey Artichokey and Easy Peesy Cheesy Wheezy are two of Camden's favorite phrases these days.

Camden has developed a lying problem over the last couple of weeks. And he's not even smart enough to lie about something good - it's all about brushing his teeth, blowing his nose, washing his hands, etc. You know, stuff he'll have to do every day of his life so he might as well get over it. Anyway, nothing we've done so far has helped so Brian gave him a scripture reference to look up and read for himself. It was a list of things God hates and a lying tongue and murder were both in there (I might have gone for a less severe first verse, but Brian was running the show). Camden read the verse, looked up, and said in a completely matter of fact tone, "Soooo, I guess I'm going to grow up and start killing people if I keep lying?"

Camden's dental appointment was pretty typical for us. His 6 year molars are coming in and one of them already has some decay. And it's only halfway in. And better than that, he has an absess beside one of his capped teeth. You know, one of the ones we paid $1200 for last year. The dentist thinks he's going to have to pull the tooth and put in a spacer. We're trying antibiotics first, but he was pretty sure it's coming out. And if you can believe it, Camden hasn't complained once about those molars or that absess. For a child who is a serious baby when it comes to minor cuts and scrapes, the kid has demonstrated a serious tolerance to pain over the years.

It's the last official day of summer, and we're going out with almost record high temps. It's supposed to be 94 today (and for the next several days).

One picture is out of focus and the other has Camden's head and feet chopped off, but they were having such a good time so I don't care.

092110_1

092110_2

Comments

Amanda said…
I feel for poor Camden. My dental work starts tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it AT ALL.
hahahahaha! There's a strong lesson for Camden. Wow. I hope you cleared up that liars don't *always* become muderers?!?
Elizabeth Frick said…
"snacks and Jesus." Classic. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel