Brunch recipe

I told Mayme on the phone yesterday morning that it felt like vacation to have Brian at home helping with the kids while I got alot done. Yeah, that "vacation" feeling didn't last so long. After 4 batches of cookies, 4 loads of laundry, and countless other household chores, I was exhausted by the time we got the kids in bed last night. I still didn't get everything done that I wanted, but I did get quite a bit finished up. We were going to tackle wrapping presents after the kids went to bed (since underneath the tree is pretty empty right now), but I decided to just skip it. We'll mess with it tomorrow. Oh, and I did not get to go meet my friend for lunch - we decided not to risk driving on the roads so I was very disappointed.

Rory cried for over an hour last night so maybe the nightlight was just a fluke. Who knows!

My friends are coming over this morning for a Christmas brunch. I made a really great brunch casserole that you mix up the night before, then bake the next morning. It would be a great recipe to use for Christmas morning since all you have to do is pop it in the oven. It makes a pretty full 9x13 pan, so I just halved the recipe for this morning.

Overnight Brunch Eggs

4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. sausage
12 eggs
1 cup milk
2 Tbs flour

Toss cheese and flour together and then layer
on bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
Beat eggs and milk together.
Brown sausage and drain.
Add sausage on top of cheese, then
pour egg/milk mixture over sausage.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake 40-45 minutes (or until set) at 375 degrees

Comments

M :-) said…
Yum! I think I'm going to make that brunch casserole for Christmas. It sounds perfect!

Greg and I were going to tackle wrapping gifts last night, too ... but never got to it. I was way too exhausted! Hopefully tonight, since I have NOTHING wrapped!

I hope Rory has a better night tonight. (((hugs)))

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5