New Year's Eve

I am thoroughly enjoying having this extra week with Brian home and a free schedule. It's times like these that having a teacher for a husband is GREAT.

Our Tuesday started off with a couple of firsts. Camden got up at 5:00 a.m. and threw up (with the exception of baby gagging - he's never just thrown up). Now I'm sure he didn't feel good right at that moment, but the not feeling good quickly moved into TOTALLY faking it because he didn't want to go shopping (see below). Now how does a 5 year old know how to do this. Believe me - his lying/faking it face is not very good and I was on to him immediately. He discovered that being sick and having to stay in bed isn't very fun and surprise, surprise felt quite a bit better when offered pancakes. Not sure where the 5:00 a.m. vomiting came from, but he was perfectly fine the rest of the day.

After the fake sickness drama, our day consisted of a Target run, a trip to the downtown library (yes, we live exciting lives), and lunch at Which Wich (my favorite sandwich shop) using a gift card I received from a friend at work when I left this past February (no idea why it took me so long to use it!). There were amazing deals at Target, which is why I've avoided all stores this holiday season in an effort to avoid spending money. We did pick up a birthday gift for a party we've got this weekend, a $3 dress for Rory and a few various Christmas items that were 75% off.


We ended our day with a Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred DVD (
and a piece of pie) so I am feeling quite sore this morning. Rory is so funny - while we were doing the workout, she picked up my weights. For obvious reasons, we didn't let her play with them. She disappeared for a minutes, then came back carrying a cucumber and a hotdog from her kitchen set. She used them for the rest of the workout as her weights. So funny!

Brian is baking bread (don't ask), the kids are happily creating with Play-Doh, and I'm scrapping so we're taking it easy and don't have much planned until game night and supper at church this evening. Well, taking it easy until we pop in the Jillian Michaels DVD again here in a minute.

Happy New Year!


Holly Designs: Christmas Magic

Credits here

Comments

M said…
Love the year in review LO. I really need to do something like that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5