Birthday Cupcake for Jesus

I'm moving slow this morning. I could not sleep last night, then woke up with a sinus headache. We've been busy doing last-minute cleaning, taping the kids for a little Christmas video (tune in Christmas Day), making a last batch of cake balls, etc. I think I need some heavy-duty coffee. Unfortunately, there is no Starbucks in this blink-and-you'll-miss-it town. :)

We bought something yesterday that I never imagined (a) wanting and (b) actually buying: a Kitchenaid Mixer! I might eventually turn into a domestic queen and make my mom happy one of these days! I can't wait to pull out the pie recipe tomorrow and I know Becky is going to be happy when she starts making pizza dough and homemade bread this week!


We had our annual birthday cake (or cupcake in this case) for Jesus last night, and the kids loved it. Along these same lines, I read a post by Shaun Groves yesterday that was pretty amazing. I read his blog occasionally and he has some very interesting and though-provoking ideas. This one on Christmas describes exactly how I would like for our Christmas to be, but I'm not sure I'm courageous enough to put it into practice. Brian and I are going to definitely think long and hard about next year, though. If you head over to read it, I'll just warn you that it is not going to be in line with popular opinion. While you're there, you might as well check out his ideas on simplifying your life: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4. I'll definitely admit that I have not put into practice many of the simplify ideas, but it's something that really made me think and made me want to change some areas of our life.

On a lighter note, how about something fun? Go here and press the play button to see our Country Christmas Elf Family.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Enjoy that mixer! I have been wanting one lately too. Mostly because of Ree. Let me tell you that her perfect pie crust really is perfect! I used it for my pecan pie at Thanksgiving and everyone commented on how flaky and delicious it was. :)

I love that you had a birthday (cup)cake for Jesus! What a great way to start Christmas week.
Anonymous said…
I want a kitchen aid mixer!!! I WILL TRY NOT TO COVET TOO BADLY.

As for the elf dance...who says Baptists can't dance?! :-)
Sara W.
Love this post!! (And the ones you linked to... we're already talking about setting some "guidelines" in our house) I also *loved* the elf dance! Especially Camden's face!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5