So frustrated

I am feeling so frustrated with this whole sleep thing with Rory. (Aren't you excited to now be getting day-by-day updates?) She's now moved past the crying and into a pure 2-year-old tantrum rage. This happened for over an hour at naptime yesterday, again for over an hour at bedtime last night and then again at 5:00 this morning. I just don't know what to do. To be honest, it pretty much ruins my day. It is torture to listen to your child cry for 3-4 hours a day (much less listen to them scream cause they're mad!). The good news is that except for all the crazy bedtime stuff, she seems perfectly fine during the day.

Well, besides all the crying and screaming yesterday, I had a great time with my friends and their little ones at our party. I am so happy to have them as friends, and it has been really wonderful to get together once a week. I consider the holidays officially launched: there were gifts, Christmas cookies, and lots of food.

We went Christmas caroling last night with the church group and Camden had tons of fun. We were only slightly embarrassed when he announced, "this yard smells like a barn" at one house. Rory wasn't really thrilled with all of the getting in and out of the carseat and singing. At one point she told me, "no, mama, no, mama, my do" when we were singing. Translation: Stop singing so everyone can hear me.

Today we're going to get out of the house! Our Korean scroll and Angela Crutcher pictures are framed and ready to pick up. Hopefully we made good framing choices and they'll look great. I'm also going to go browse the mall and make a library run to renew my card.

I think tonight is the marathon present-wrapping session. It always takes so much longer than you expect, but it's kinda fun.


Jaime Young: Wild

Comments

Joy said…
Ooooh!! Post pics of the framing if you can - love to see them!! :)

Poor Rory - I'm so sorry you have to go through this everytime she goes to sleep. Hoping it's just a phase that passes quickly....it's got to be tough on all of you.
Anonymous said…
Hey Melissa, I don't pretend to know everything, I have my own issues. Also, I know with adopted children there are special circumstances that you have had to deal with very recently so this advice may not be applicable in Rory's situation.
I always have to remind myself, that all humans, even cute ones, are born with a sinful nature. It starts very young when they start demanding their way, instead of obeying their parents. She is trying to break you. She wants you floundering on what to do and eventually giving in. Sounds cruel doesn't it.
I also try to remember that I will be in disobedience to God if I do not expect or insist my child obey. Sometimes we have to get creative. :-)
What is it exactly she is crying for? Can you remedy the crying without breaking down your original goal..(ie. bedtime)I know the crying is hard, but if all else fails, she will eventually break, or her will..will. Hang in there! You are a great mom and I am sure you will figure out what to do.
Sara W.
Anonymous said…
My youngest son refused naps at about 2 years old. I found it was easier on me to let him stay up. He went to bed earlier and slept the whole night. I agree with annonymous that children will try to get their way. It may be hard to listen to crying. But, she will eventually learn she has lost the battle. Also, you have only had here home a short time. Give it time and do not fret.
I guess I did the opposite as everyone else so far, we let Bella sleep w/ us from the beginning (and it helped ethan fall asleep since she wasn't in the next room crying) but as you can tell from my blog posts, we are still struggling w/ her falling asleep in her own room... truth be told I like holding her and/or having her rub my arms/chin as she falls asleep still. Yet at 3am I find her in my bed again w/ a knee in my back LOL ....go w/ your heart.
P.S... I know we stopped napping when I was like 2 also... (We are stopping Bella's nap w/ the first of the year and praying that she will be so tired she will sleep all night her in own bed w/out too much fuss!
and YES I want to see pictures of the pictures on the wall LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5