Success!

Despite the fact that it was 58 degrees when I got up yesterday at 6:00 a.m., it was 24 degrees when we went to bed last night and combine that with a little bit of rain and wet roads means that Brian was out of school at 12:45 yesterday and has a snow day today!

We grocery shopped after naptime yesterday, and I should have known better. Not only is it the week before Christmas, but ice was in the forecast. Tennessee is one of those southern states that freaks out at the thought of winter weather, and Wal-Mart was like a war zone. We managed to get everything on our (long) list, and came home to a cozy house with Christmas music and Christmas baking. I baked 2 batches of gingersnaps (Brian's favorite) and mixed up Russian tea cakes. Brian was a domestic king last night and helped me not only bake, but clean up as well.

Rory cried less than 10 minutes last night at bedtime (and she's still asleep at 7:00 a.m.)! You have no idea how excited I am about that. We bought a night light and moved a fan into her room for the noise factor, and maybe that was all we needed to do. Our next plan was for me to stay in her room with her, and I'm hopeful that maybe I won't need to do that now.

Since I've got a daddy babysitter today, I get to go meet my friend Tina for lunch ALONE! We're also planning to do some more baking, and I need to get the house ready for our Wednesday group tomorrow. It's going to be a good day.


Zoe Pearn: Persimmon

Comments

Chris said…
LOVE the colors of the new layout! Zoe Pern has such pretty stuff but I can never make it look right! :D
CONGRATS on a good night for Rory! Hopefully this is the beginning of something good.
Oh, and that cold front- that was from us. Sunday morning I went to work and it was 40--- when I got home in the afternoon it was 17-- and by the next morning it was below zero.
SO- from Minnesota with love. You're welcome! ;D

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

7/52: Pastel

Project 365/52 - Week 5